Chapter 4

I step away from the private jet, relieved to no longer be inside of the horrid metal contraption! Although I'm happy to be rid of it I cant help but miss the warmth that surrounded me while inside of the jet. I bitterly wrap my bare arms around myself, attempting to fight off the cold, Canadian wind.

Was it always this cold in Canada? I should have packed warmer clothing!

After a sigh filled with self loathing I start the long trek to the airport terminal. It wasnt too far but the cold nipping at my bare skin made it feel years away.

As I step through the doors of the terminal, a blast of warm air hits my frozen skin. I try to supress a moan of content but fail horribly.

I quickly look around to make sure no one heard me make such an embarisimg sound. Luckily not many people were near. I shake my head at myself. How mortifying would it have been if someone had heard me?.

The further away I got from the entrance I came through, the thicker the crowd of people became. I just wanted to be out of here already.

I finally came up to were the designated drivers were. The sign with my new, fake name was right in the middle along with a man who looked to be in his mid 50s with graying hair and some major crows feet. Even at his age he was surprising tall, probably around 6"1.

As quickly as I could, I flag down the older man. Once he spots me in the crowd he gestures me to follow him and he brings me to his car.

I watch from inside the vehicle as the driver runs back inside and returns with my bags minutes later. After stuffing them in the trunk, he takes his spot at the wheel and before I know it, we're on our way.

*~~~~~~~~~~*

It took a whole 2 and a half hours to get from the airport to the very secluded town of Black Falls. Even though I hated how long it took to get here, I deffinetely didn't mind the scenery.

I forgot how beautiful Canada was.

Stepping out of the car the first thing I notice is that the tempurature seems to be a few degrees warmer. It's still cold but the wind has died down a lot.

The second thing I notice is the farly new looking building in front of me. I guess this is the hotel I will be residing in during my stay in Canada. I nod approvingly; I've had worse, a lot worse.

"It was nice meeting you Miss Heart." I turn my head to the side. The old driver just barley in my line of site.

"You as well." My reply stops any possibility of him striking up a conversation. I hated small talk... or any talk at all really.

He nods his head and sets down my bags behind me. Soon after I hear his car take off down the long stretch of dirt road.

I take a look around before I walk through the entrance of the hotel. Not much to see really, just trees and even more trees.

The inside of the hotel was not much to fawn over; red carpet, very few chairs along the walls and a fairly high ceiling with a cheap looking chandelier. As I look around the room again I notice an elevator off to the side right by an exit door in the back. Thank god, I really didnt want to carry all my things up a bunch of stairs.

I drop my bags on one of the few empty chairs to the left and walk to the reception desk on the opposite side of the room.

"Hello. I have a reservation for a room. My name's Elaine Heart." I wait patiently for the middle aged women sitting behind the desk. I quietly tap my fingers against the polished wood of the desk.

"Oh, yes yes, Elaine Heart. You had reserved a room the other day right?" I nod my head.

"Your room is on the third floor. One of our best rooms too. Everything was paid in advance so if I could just see some I.D please." I hold in a sigh of annoyance.

I pull out my fake I.D and hand it over to the lady. She scans over the card a couple times before typing away at her computer.

She sure seems to be taking her time. Maybe she noticed something? Was there a flaw in the I.D?

I doubt it, it was HQ that made it after all so what could possible be wrong with it?

When she finally stretches her arm out to me with my I.D in hand, I relax. I take it from her and stuff it away. She types a few more things before handing the key over.

"Room 326. Have a nice day Elaine."

I nod goodbye as I grab my bags and happily make my way to the third floor using the elevator.

Pushing the door marked 326 open, I'm met with an average sized room. One of the best rooms my ass!

I throw my bags onto the king sized bed in the middle of the room. I dont bother looking around. It's nothing new to me, I've spent half of my life in hotel rooms.

I lay down on the bed and let out a huge sigh. Tomorrow is gonna be a long and stressful day trying to track down the rogues; and thats the easy part. Capturing even one of them alive is the hard part.

Speaking of, I should probably find the weapons that are hidden somewhere in the room. That's the only way HQ can get their agents any weapons when they travel by plane. They get someone from over here to bring the weapons so they don't get stopped by customs or anything.

Standing up, I turn towards the closet to my left. They tend to always hide them in the closet.

I close the small distance between myself and the closet with only a couple of steps. I open the door to find a large duffle bag laying on the floor. How predictable.

I drag the bag back to the bed. After shoving my own bags from the matress I heave the weapons on top of the bed.

I open the bag and pull out everything inside. I'm surprised to find such a large amount of weapons stuffed in the bag along with an addition bag but much smaller in size.

In my mind I make a list: two regular sized hand guns, one snipers, four small pistols, 6 throwing knives and two daggers along with a samuria sword.

I grab the smaller bag and place it on my lap and carefully open it. Inside were the typical cliché spy weapons. I pull out a pen and aim it towards the wall opposite me. I click the end and watch as a small needle like knife flies out and disappears inside the wall. I don't know when I would ever have use of such a weapon.

I pack everything back into the bag taking extra caution when handeling the pen. Once everything was back in its place I move the bag from the top of the bed to underneath it.

With a yawn I pull the blankets up and over myself not even bothering to change my cloths. I flick the lamp beside me off and immediately fall into a dreamless sleep.

_______________________________________________

And Don't forget to Vote & Comment