Marcus, You Lose

I drive down the road very fast with no care in the world. I feel blissfulness as Alize grabs my shoulders. I want this feeling forever, but I know I can't have it forever.

    After living a life of misery, regret, guilt, and hatefulness, I can't go back to that feeling. I can't return to who I was before tonight. I won't allow it. But am I strong enough to change? Am I human alive enough to become you I want to be?

    I always felt like I didn't deserve happiness and anything good. I got a good job that pays well according to people. But I always wanted to be more. I always wanted to live out my dreams. The old me wasn't enough to make dreams become reality. He needed to change.

    I met Alize and she changed my life. She showed me that I can be happy and that I can be something people desire. She showed me that I could have fun without worry and I thank her for that. As I turn my head towards Alize and she returns a look.

    "I'm grateful I met you" I say

    "Me too now keep your eyes on the road handsome" Alize responds

    I turn to look back out the windshield and stomp on the gas, reaching max speed. As we jet past all the buildings and the streets pass us in blurs. Time slows down for me. I see the street lights that seem to shine on me directly. The moonlight opens its eyes and winks at me. I look at Alize and she's glowing with a radiant shine.

    I continue driving and time goes back to normal and I see a truck in the wrong lane heading towards us. I could turn and swerve out the way. But I can't. I can't change. I'm not strong enough to change. Maybe this life of happiness, riches, and living wasn't meant for me. Maybe my dreams wasn't meant to be fulfilled at it was all just a game that my mind was playing on me. Giving me dreams that I could never fulfill.

    I give off a little smile and *chuckle*.

    "You win" I say

    "MARCUSSS!!"

    WHAM!! The cars collide together and Marcus goes flying out the window.

    Marcus, you lose.