Chapter 1 - A walk to remember.

A walk to remember.

"So this is all for today. Sign the sheets and you can leave. Have a good weekend, everyone." The professor said as I signed the attendance sheet and passed it to the next person beside me.

I was going through my phone when I saw that I received a text from Pamir saying that he would pick me up in 10. It's two days before the 14th and every place is turned into hearts and pink as couples have been walking by hand in hand, which is puke worthy. I do not believe that because of my single life but because it's actually puke worthy. It's cringy and yuk on many platforms and if it could not get worse, Starbucks was selling coffee in those custom valentine cups.

I cannot wait to get out of this place.

"Ezzah, are you not going to leave?" I glanced away from my phone and smiled at the professor while placing my phone down on the desk in front of me.

"Actually, someone is coming to pick me up and I will just wait here," I said as he started to clean the whiteboard, nodding his head on my statement.

"So, how was the lecture today. You might disagree with the book, I am presuming." I chuckled because I knew what professor Issac meant. He knew I would not agree with everything he teaches us with that book.

"There are one or two things I disagree with," I said going through my notes as he logged himself out from his computer.

"Like always. Are you up for an argument?" He asked as he fixed his glasses over his nose with a warm smile.

"Sure," I said as I closed my journal and focused on him.

"It's about the concept of God. Not that I mean to offend you or your religious beliefs for that matter, it's just a healthy argument." I knew he is going to add that sort of sentence in the end because he did not mean to be impolite.

"I understand, go for it.." I said for him to continue.

"People who do not believe in God argue that God does not exist and if God does exist, He is not everywhere and if He is everywhere, why does not He stop bad things from happening. You are a Muslim and Muslims believe in the concept of monotheism, which basically means according to you, you reject the first and foremost condition of this very argument. Can you defend your belief here." Professor Issac asked as he stood by the rostrum.

"First of all, if God doesn't exist so where are we coming from? I mean even the people who do not believe in God, they believe to have a purpose or a goal and something coming from nothingness does not have a purpose does it now? Just being and existing until death has no reality. God exists." I said and gave him someplace to put his argument.

"But scientists believe that we are an outcome of the big bang theory." He said.

"And what triggered the Big Bang? The simple thing is even if you end somewhere on the charts or reality-based hard evidence, you will still stop to a point at the beginning where you will find that you need God as an explanation for everything. Whether it's about two molecules going into an excited state, enough to collide and the universe to form or The first human to walk on earth." He shrugged with a series of nods.

"What about the second part of the argument? If God exists, He is not everywhere." He continued placing his own lecture and books together in his bag.

"He is everywhere. We believe that Allah, I mean God, controls everything. He sees and knows what's in the hearts and what is outside. And what better way to understand this than without any human involvement the world works in proper order; a better order. We are just a part of the food chain right? Society is way larger, we cannot accurately handle a house, a government, a country, a continent, and people think the universe works because of some random beings like us or similar to us?" I chuckled over the silly thought of us humans.