"Do you know how stupid I feel, everybody knew that my husband was a no good dirty dog and nobody told me. I was the butt of everybody's jokes."

"Look Megan that is just one of the things my granny always taught me. Staying out of grown folks business and definitely steering clear of married folks business. Those are just some things people should stay out of because the messenger is always the bad person. In my case, I figured what was done in the dark would be bound to come to light."

"Why did you take me in the other day?" I asked wanting to see just what he would say.

"What the hell kind of question is that? Why would you ask that dumb ass question?"

"Just answer the question," I yelled losing my battle with my tear ducts and my patience. "Did you feel sorry enough for me or was it guilt that allowed me to gain entrance? You had all but moved on after your confession of love. Let's face it, I had spit on your feelings and basically written you off as a friend. Why overlook that?"

"When I confessed my love for you it wasn't so you would drop everything and run away with me. It just came out and furthermore it didn't evaporate because you ended up conflicted. I love you enough to not try to force you to be where you didn't want to be. If I was making you miserable by forcing you to question your loyalty to your husband, then I was prepared to step all the way off. I thought I was doing the right thing."

"As for me moving on, I don't know what kind of people you are used to dealing with but the only thing I did was allow for some distractions to come about."

"What about your date from the other night?"

"Megan, where is this going?"

"..."

"Look not that I owe you anything, ole girl popped up over here and that was it. I allowed her to stay and chill but that was about it. Have I hit before, yes but that has nothing to do with you. If you said right now Tre, I want you and only you then I'm all in."

"This isn't fair to you Tre, this is what I mean. Am I holding you back from moving on with your life?"

"..."

"I'm no better than William is. I get jealous all of a sudden when another woman so much as looks at you but I have no right to. These erotic dreams of you are driving me crazy when all I should be focusing on is what to do about William. We are a perfect pair of unstable creatures."

"Don't say that baby; you are nothing like that fake preacher."

"Aren't I? Have I not gotten involved in a heavy make out session with you before I knew all of this? Lately I have fantasized about you in more compromising ways than one." I confessed, my mind was all over the place and my tongue was moving a mile a minute. "And for the life of me I can't figure out why would you be attracted to someone like me?"

"Where are you going with this Meg? I was following at first now not so much."

"My own damn husband doesn't find me attractive. The reason I confessed to you about him finding me unattractive is that he has said it before. For some reason he found our relationship intimidating enough to a point where he would say certain things. I didn't see you as anything but an attractive man but I wasn't trying to do anything with you. We were just cool, good friends. William would call me derogatory names but that wasn't the first time from anyone at how unattractive I was."

"My mother... Emogene would always say stuff such as 'you would be cute if it weren't for the extra baggage you carry.' 'You know, no man wants to feel suffocated when he lays down at night,' she would say. William started to spend more and more time in another room by making up all sorts of excuses. Of course everything that either of them has said always came to mind full steam."