2

Tentatively testing the door,  trying my best to minimize the famous creaking sound it makes when opened. Craning my neck in first I looked sideways to ensure none was paying attention and I sighed in satisfaction before hurriedly proceeding to the buffet table.

At the clink of steel on steel a noticeable airy silence took over the huge hall and the gaze of many eyes burnt hotter than the sun.

One...

Two... 

Three....  

Fo-

Now virtually the entire hall was erupting in guffuls.

My back was still to them and the door leading outside was just a few step away. Escaping the taunting was at the top of my options but I was very hungry so much so that I didn't care.

For now.

Picking up my full tray I sighed turning to face my fans and trudging quickly past rolls and rolls of dinners amidst hoots and cat calls to a memorized table.

Only the occupants of this table were not joining the others in the laughing spree. I gazed tentatively at them.

I sigh.

They were really trying hard not to join the ruckus. Their faces almost in pain for holding in. I sighed.

"You can laugh if you so wish"

"Really?" Ruva asked

"Yes. I wouldn't want you bitting off your lips with the way you all are going"

It took a second before they erupted into laughter all six of them, well five actually because a certain silver green specimen was smirking at me with amused clouded demeanour.

"Oh my, oh Constellations! You're the best Rahinna. Thought I would pass out from all that laughter bottled in"

Yes I know.

"You said it Krai"

"Nazi don't be so hard on her" Maruk scolded as his twin and Krai fist bump.

I was about to thank him when the blitterated vegetable swung an arm around my shoulders and commented on my still muddy outfit.

"So how is it looking Rahyena?"
I sigh with an eye roll as they laughed more.

Darn my Watcher to Oblivion. He caused this.

I'm not ashamed to admit that whilst I am the best in brain power and very capable and realiable intellectually, it equally reduced my physical capabilities. Can't help but snort at the harsh reality of nature.

It always finds ways for balance.

For the moon or so that I've been here I've barely passed stages of training.

Sure there were slow pokes amongst us but sadly even though I belong in that category, they use me as motivational icon. That is how worse it is.

From one disastrous save to the next, I barely pass and I am always the last to be approved for each next stage. It is becoming rather tiring. With the way things are going I'll be lucky if I am sent to the kitchens.

Shuddering at that thought I eat more ravenously. Hunger was an understating of my present need for sustenance.

That Damund de Varghai, my prestine Watcher thought keeping me starved and in longer training would wake up my physical abilities.

Now I may hate kitchen activity but I am definitely not against eating whatever comes from those activities. But a hungry me versus an uneven playing field was a unfit equation susceptible to a disastrous outcome.