Chapter six

6. Ocean Drive

 Ocean Drive

GABRIELLA •P.O.V•
The ocean breeze whispers like a lover, placing salty kisses on my cheek and tousling my curly hair. On days like this it playfully fillis the sails of the harbor boats, flutters their flags and pushes along the clouds. I smile back and stretch out my bare hand like a star-fish to feel it wrap around my fingers.

But I never forget that this breeze is just a mere hint of its power, that when roused it can toss the whole ships like toys to smash on the rocks. Sometimes I come here when the wind is driving the waves to crash as far as the road, sending white spray high in the air.

Then it coasts my eyelashes in salt and roars so loud no other sound can penetrate. But today the breeze tells of only sweetness and joy. I stand here content, whole, happy.

With tears streaming down my face, I could do nothing but sit cross-legged on the sandy shore and stare at the horizon in front of me. Waves of deep royal blue crept toward me before running away, only to repeat the process in a cycle that caused droplets of salty water to spray onto my bare, sand- encrusted feet.

But beyond the those magical waves was something even more. Amazing and breath-taking: the sunset. Beautiful smudges of coral, lavender, turquoise, and a fiery orange blended together to create a sight so astounding it swept me away from all of my worries, just like the waves creeping over seashells and stealing them in a matter of seconds.

My last teardrop fell and hit the soft white sand, and a warm feeling of safety and security overwhelmed me as the sun dipped down below the horizon.

The vast ocean in front of me was my home, where I belong, a place to escape from my life away from the waves. Nothing could ever take that feeling away.

It was night time when I finally decided to leave. Getting up and dusting the lingering sand off me, I picked up my sandals and walked towards my car.

Deciding to quickly change into something more comfortable I turned around and looked to see if anyone else was on the beach.

The beach was very deserted. Hardly anyone came here really. Seeing that the coast is cleared I put my fingers under neath my shirt and pulled it off.

I then grabbed one of my tank tops and quickly put it on, while taking off my jeans and changing into a pair of blue shorts.

Folding my dirty clothes and putting it in a plastic bag, I then tied the packet up before tossing it in the boot and closing it.

I was about to enter my car when my cellphone suddenly rings.

Looking at the ID name, it read
'🍑👅Daddy👅🍑'