a

Alone in the forest, I was definitely pushing myself to step outside of my comfort zone to better myself as a person and to take the chance to grow in my faith in a way that I had never experienced before.

It's easy to get stuck in the everyday-lull of life, refusing to take time away from the world whether you want to or not.

Not only was it rare for me to step outside of my home, but it also was difficult for me to pick up my studies. I can sit and preach about how useful it is for the soul to go back to your core values and pray to the greater being that you put your spiritual belief into, but that would be hypocritical.

To be honest, I haven't been able to pick up my studies in years.

Sure, I may touch my books and journals and "say" that I have grown in my faith, but it would be a lie.

None of us are perfect, and I know that that is an awful standard that society has set to tear us down, yet I can't help but bash myself for not reaching my high-set standards.

I took a break from my thoughts, standing abruptly. I took my things and tucked them under my arm, leaving the comfort of the fallen log as I approached the small creek. I leaped over with ease, my feet grounded in the soft marsh. I continued to walk forward.

I wasn't sure where I was going, but I felt as though I was being safely guided.