Chapter 22 - Safe, for now

Start from the beginning

Brown eyes then met, the people inside the room, and it didn't take long before some finally get what they meant. He slowly moves away from the door with the boy still with him, before Kasamatsu and Takao made their way towards the door.

Together, they forcefully kicked the door open, but to no avail.  They tried it once again, but they ended up with the same result.

"Damn! Of all the doors in the world, why does this one seem to be too well-built!" The oldest raven haired exclaims, once again kicking the door open.

"Well, for now try and find a way to break that door open" Ogiwara suddenly says, as he tries to dry the tears of the small boy before him.

Everyone in the room then looks at him questioningly. "Wait, and what are you gonna do?" Kasamatsu asks, watching the other carrying the boy on his back, and approached the window.

"I'm just going to see him a little bit earlier, see ya~"

"Hey, wai-!"

And with that, the brunette and the boy were gone from the room.

Kagami sighs in exasperation. "I swear, he does what he wants to do..." 

---Meanwhile---

The tealette breathes out a short breathe of relief. He had managed to break the latches of the device from his wrists and got away in time, however that didn't mean he got away without a single scratch.

He looks at his right hand, only to see them with cuts as blood drips down his arm, and soon reaching the grassy land.

'Ah, I did it again...' The small phantom thought in exasperation, as lays down under the tree, and looks at the blue sky. 

It was quiet, with the only sound of rustling leaves swaying against the cold breeze. The small teen sighs in contentment and began to close his eyes. It has been a while since he had a peaceful time all to himself, so he plans to stay a little bit longer, just to clear his head from all the chaos that had been happening lately.

So he stayed, just laying there, until he heard soft rustling sounds at the distance. A knowing smile had slowly made it's way on the tealette's face.

"Yo~" a cheery voice sounded, making teal eyes flutter open. "I see someone's having a nice day"

"Ogiwara-kun" he says, rolling his eyes, as he watches the boy getting down from the teen's back, and quickly approaches him in tears.

Kuroko tightly embraces the boy, and began to ruffle his hair.

"Hey..." he says in the mostly gentle voice he could manage. "I'm sorry for acting a little reckless"

He felt small arms only tighten in response, making the phantom sigh.

"That's a bad scar you got there" he looks up, and sees Ogiwara sitting beside them while looking at the sky.

"Everyone was quite surprised and worried" The tealette silently hums in acknowledgement.

"You're boyfriend was also pretty mad, too"

The statement made the phantom turn to him with widened eyes, and a slight pink tainting his pale cheeks.

"Ogiwara-kun!"

The brunette chuckles at the other's reaction, before tiredly exhaling and lied down.

"Ahh~ It's so peaceful and quiet here, I  feel like I can sleep any minute now. When was the last time we did this anyway?"

"Hmm... perhaps it was the time we were hiding from Nijimura-senpai"

"Oh yeah!"

Both males momentarily looks at each other before they shared a short laugh.

"He's current whereabouts are still unknown, though"

"Well knowing him, we'll be meeting each other soon enough. Especially once the news of the sudden infiltration reaches him. You'll be in on a great punishment, Kuroko~"

The statement made the tealette shiver as he remembers the distant memory.

"Please don't remind me of that"

The brunette only gave him a mischievous smile, before looking back at the sky.

Silence then passed between males, as they both tried to nurture the tranquillity nature has given them, until a few minutes had passed by. The brunette then decided that it was now time to go back, and it looks like the other thought the same, as they both sat up from the ground with Nigou sleeping soundly on the tealette's lap.

"Nigou..." Kuroko says, as he gently shakes the boy, and ended up with no response.

"Nigou" he tries again.

"Mmghm..." the tealette feels the boy stirs, but to no aveil.

He tiredly sighs, making the brunette look at him with a knowing smile.

"Want me to carry him?"

The small passer only nodded, and stands up once he felt the boy's weight being lifted from his lap. He brushes off any dirt from his pants and takes another look at the sky.

Both males then proceded on walking towards the building, as they silently prepared themselves on the additional responsibilities that will be presented later.

---Author's Note---

Sighs... I feel so calm and serene, that my mood was added to the story. I think the next one would be more interesting than this chapter please look forward to that. 😁😁😁

Heyy guys...

I've been wanting to ask a question to all of you:

Whenever you write a short story or maybe just a chapter, for how many hours or minutes do you spend before you finish it??? about a thousand words or more

Because I'm a little paranoid on how slow I finish a chapter. Perhaps it's just normal, or maybe because English isn't my main language (I'm a Filipino), however we definitely use English in school and our everyday life, so I've got no problem with that.

It usually take me 3-5 hours of non-stop work for me to work on a chapter. Maybe it's because I always check my grammar for every paragraph or sentences I make. Do you guys do the same?

*sighs...

Tell me what you guys think...

Anyways, I have nothing to say about this chapter so allow me to present my thanks to everyone who reads, comments, and voted on my story.

- Carnation