Nineteen

19 • When it flashes back
Narrator point of view
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Do I really have to? We could just sell these pretty costumes and use the money to buy food!” 18 year old Chloe whined as her best friend Ricky parked his car.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Chloe, it's Halloween! Do you really want to spend our last Halloween together in your room eating tacos?” Ricky questioned crossing his arms and staring at his friend.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”This isn't our last Halloween together, we'll have more when we finish college.” She rolled her eyes. “You're just being dramatic, like always.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”It could be, maybe one of us dies!” Her friend worried. “Also, you look too hot in that costume to not show it around.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The blonde groaned. “I'm dressed as Tinker Bell, not a porn star. And stop staring at my boobs for once.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Please! It's my birthday next week and this can be my present!” He insisted.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”I thought you wanted to go to Vegas, but whatever.” Chloe sighed getting her jacket and walking out of the car with her friend.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Walking their way through the party, Chloe felt naked, even with her jacket on, she still felt naked. Ricky picked her costume so it makes sense, he just had nudity problems, such a weird kid.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Damn, my favorite couple looks spicy!” Mary exclaimed walking towards them.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”See?! I told you people would keep saying I'm hot!” Chloe complained.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Ricky chuckled. “So you won't let her say you're hot, but we get to be called a couple, nice.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀He got a groan in response, he knew Chloe actually liked to be called his girl, somehow he just knew. Like the usual, the two separated from each other. Chloe went to her nice and sweet people, while Ricky went to his weird and funny people. The two only found each other at the end of the night slightly drunk.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”So Chloe Lukasiak is drunk?” Ricky drunkenly asked Chloe. They were in a hallway close to all the rooms, Chloe just couldn't handle the loud music anymore and asked to go somewhere else.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀She giggled. “I guess.” She was all over him, he was all over her. They weren't as drunk as they seemed, don't be fooled.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Before Ricky could say anything, the both of them heard moans and weird noises coming from the room in front of them.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”I bet those two are having fun.” Chloe sighed. “Ricky I want fun too!” She giggled jumping on him.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀He felt unsure at first. “Uh, no you don't. Calm down, Blondie.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Yes, I do! Take me to neverland, Peter Pan.” She smiled, starting to kiss his neck.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀But then he just couldn't stop himself. “If that's what you wish.” He responded, walking in the closest room there was and locking the door.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀•••
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The next morning was chaotic for Chloe. She couldn't believe herself, she felt so happy, but unfortunately so guilty. How did it go that far? How did she sleep with her best friend?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀She noticed him looking for her in bed, so she quickly wrote him a note.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Last night meant something to me, I really liked it. I don't know if you feel the same way, but I'll call you later to make sure you're okay.-C”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Chloe left the note right on top of his clothes on the floor before getting dressed and leaving.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Something Chloe didn't notice was that there was a person waiting for her to leave. This person was the so called Diana, Ricky's ex. Diana hated Chloe with a passion, even while dating her, Ricky still flirted with Chloe, which made Diana hate Chloe even more.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Carefully, she entered the room and looked at the note. She immediately ripped it apart and replaced it with another note.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”I don't want to talk about last night ever again. We can't be together and don't come after me.-C”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Diana left it there at the same place Chloe left her original note. The girl left the house and hoped to have a successful plan, unfortunately, she did.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Chloe couldn't wait to call Ricky, she wanted to be honest with him and tell him everything that she has felt for the past months.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Trying to relax for awhile, Chloe turned on the TV and the news came on.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Teen boy found in major accident close to our town's high school. He is unconscious and all we have is a picture of him and a friend, maybe a girlfriend. Please call this number if you know him, or the girl in this picture.” As soon as the lady finished the sentence, Chloe and Ricky's photo popped up on the TV screen.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀•••
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Chloe was guided by a nurse to where Ricky was.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”He's in there.” The nurse told her, walking away.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ The nurse should've told her there was someone else in there with him… Walking in the room making no noise at all, Chloe saw Diana and Ricky kissing. How could he? Why was he kissing his ex? She couldn't take it anymore, she walked out of the room picking up her phone.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Susan? Yes, it's Chloe. I've thought about your offer… I'm going to England.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀A/N- So this is how Maria was made!! Yes, this is a flashback😂 I'm almost done with this fanfic👏