Eighteen

18 • When it happens
Chloe point of view
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”I-I don't know who's her dad.” I shamelessly lie.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”What? Chloe that's impossible, you were always so responsible, how the heck did that happen?” Ricky worries.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I shrug. “It was with some random person back in London, I cheated on Luke and he probably knew it, maybe that's why he left.” Another lie.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Cheated? Well that's new.” He sighs, not looking directly at me.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Don't judge me, I was basically a child wandering around England with nothing but my pretty face, it was a dumb decision.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Dumb decision that gave you a child. This explains why Maria's last name is the same as yours, but if Luke isn't her dad, why is he here?” Ricky questions, interested in the conversation.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”I tried tricking him on thinking that Maria was his, so I simply said I was pregnant and he left the next morning to who knows where.” I explain, looking down. This is the only part of the story that isn't an actual lie, I still feel ashamed of it though.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Why didn't you ever come after me?” He whispers.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Why would I go after you? After everything that happened, I couldn't just go back to you. I saw you kissing Diana at the hospital, even after everything and after telling you I felt something, you still kissed her.” I whimper.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”You never told me anything, you left a note basically saying we couldn't be together. Diana wasn't even at the hospital with me.” Ricky whispers.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Oh, so now my note confessing my undying love towards you meant we couldn't be together?!” I shout.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”You never confessed anything. Diana wasn't at the hospital with me, you simply left me with no answers.” He calmly says standing up and walking towards the door. Before he does anything else, I push him against the door.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”I'm not done yet.” I whisper. Ricky doesn't move, he only stares at me with tears coming down his face. I look directly at his lips, the lips I dream of kissing again. Surprising me, Ricky pulls me close and crashes his lips on top of mine.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀A/N- keep in mind Maria heard all of that😬