Twelve

12 • When she was honest
Chloe point of view
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I had surgery 2 hours ago and now I can't feel my legs, I hope this is only temporary. The doctor told me to keep myself calm and read a book, or simply go to sleep.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀My mom came to stay with me here, she wanted to stay with Maria, but I think Ricky has that one under control. Anyways, my mom knows Ricky and I have a past. She thinks it's inappropriate to ask the guy I slept with to take care of my and another person's daughter, it's not inappropriate, it's simply awkward.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I wish Ricky and I could be together. Unfortunately, Ricky couldn't keep calm so he went out and got himself a girlfriend. He told me he isn't married yet, what did he mean by that? He meant he's screwing another woman, he always had a side chick to keep his bed warm. Why couldn't he keep his dick to himself? Since high school he says that when the right girl comes he won't push her away, well I'm the right girl and I'm  here being pushed away! Honestly, this made me realize the reason I left in the first place.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀That morning was the worst ever, I'd usually eat pancakes, but I was there driving myself to a hospital to only see the one I love being kissed by another girl. He never even tried explaining what happened, I also never asked. Ricky and Diana dated for a long time in high school, they're probably happy right now planning their life.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀My mom walks in my room with water and an apple. She smiles and hands me the apple.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”So did you think about my suggestion?” My mom asks sitting down. She suggested that I talk to Ricky about what happened and to be honest about my feelings.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”I told already, I can't commit to any relationships, especially with him.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀My mom crosses her arms.”Why not? You still love him, honey.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Because I don't want him to find out he's Maria's father.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”He's her dad?!”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Yes.” I whisper looking down.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”How? It's impossible, I met her dad!” My mom shouts.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I turn my face away, not wanting to face her. “Luke was a nice guy, him and I just didn't work out. He went back to Canada after I told him I was pregnant. He still sends me money, a lot of money. I never use it, I leave it there for Maria when she's older or for college.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”And how is Ricky her dad then?” My mom questions.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”We obviously had sex. A baby could ruin his life, I didn't want to be a problem. He would feel forced to marry me.” I explain with tears dropping. “He was also kissing Diana, they were happy, I couldn't ruin that!”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀My mom hugs me tightly, I'm tearing up in her arms. All I want to do is run after Ricky, he doesn't want me like I want him and it hurts. He wants Diana.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀A/N-Diana get the fuck away!!!!!