Fifteen

15 • When she thinks
Chloe point of view
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I can't stay here any longer, I can't just sit here knowing Luke is around Maria. She'll hate me if I forbid them to see each other. Maria will hate me even more when she finds out who her real father is.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Chloe!” My mother shouts, interrupting my thoughts. “I've been screaming for almost 5 minutes!”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I look down. “Sorry, I was thinking.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”About Maria?” She questions, sitting down on the couch next to my bed.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I nod. “I wish I could tell her the whole truth.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”But you can!” My mom insists. “You can be honest with Ricky and her, you can fix things.It's better to say now before they find out by themselves.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Mom, no one but you and Mary know. Mary is with her mom and you're not saying anything, they won't find out. I'm sure Ricky and his almost wife don't have space for Maria and I in their lives.” I sigh, looking away sadly.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀My mother finally stops arguing with me over it and just gives up. Maria is my daughter and I'm the one who loves her. Ricky doesn't know she's his daughter and Luke left when I told him I was pregnant, those two don't get to have my Maria.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Mom?” I call out. “I think i should go home.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀A/N- Sorry for the short chapter