Chapter 14

Sky and I talked for what felt like hours before we both eventually fell asleep. After I had fallen asleep not even a second later, I hear metal scratching the cement floor. What in the world?

I get up, looking to the cell beside me to see a girl being thrown into a cell.

"Let me go! I want to go back to Jay!" She cries while banging her fists on the bars of the cells as they close.

I look over to Sky as she bursts out laughing. I joined in because her laugh sounded like a dying seal and it was just hilarious. I just can't help it that I'm laughing at a serious moment like this, this is all Sky's fault.

"Okay. Okay." I breathe out as I regain composure of myself. "That was intense."

"I know. That laughing was intense stuff. I think I won." She grins.

"Seriously Sky?" I can't help but to smile back.

"The snack that smiles back! Goldfish!" Sky yells out loud and the sound echoes off the ceiling and walls.

"I think we should try and escape now." I say as I try to hold back my laugh.

"Lets gooooo!" She drags the word 'go' on.

I always have bobby pins in my hair, so I take one out and go over to the cell door and pick the lock. The lock clicks and I pick the lock to Sky's cell and hers also opens. We make our way to the large metal door and I give it a quick shove and it opens. The light from inside nearly blinds me, but I quickly get used to it. I notice people stop what they're doing and turn to stare at the opened door and us as we stand in the doorway.

"I know I'm hot, but you don't have to stare!" Sky says beside me.

Everyone turns their gaze to someone else as the person walks towards us. The man was taller than me and Sky with hazel eyes and dark brown hair.

"Look what we have here. Two little wolves thinking they can escape." He taunts.

"Who are you calling a wolf? For your information, a panther is NOT a wolf." I sass.

"And I ain't no wolf either. I'm a fox." She sasses back.

He laughs at us. "And I'm a hunter and the one in charge here, so you two can go back into your cells or fight. Your choice."

Me and Sky look at each other for a second, turning back to the hunter. "Fight." We both say in unison. I quickly punch the guy in his jaw and then kick his manhood to which he hunches over and groans in pain. I shift and Sky does the same as we attack anyone in our path before making it outside. There was a wolf with dark blond fur and brown eyes standing there, growling at the both of us but he was staring at Sky.

I knew from the look in his eyes that they were mates. I immediately take off running and Sky follows, the wolf following close behind with his teeth bared. Once I was somewhere I recognized, I shifted back and Sky does the same. The wolf guy shifts back behind a tree and steps out wearing only a pair of jeans.

"What do you want?" I say.

"To take you back to the hunters."

"I am NOT going back there. And why would a wolf be working with hunters anyways?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"Um.. They forced me to." He says.

"Uh-huh. Now, I know you two are mates," I motion between Sky and him. "So you can come with us to our pack or stay here, your choice."

"I'll go with you two. I'm Brison by the way." He says as his brown eyes lite up and his light brown hair is tousled.

"Ashley. This is Sky."

"Nice to meet you both." He says as we take off running.

I follow the scent of Austin since that was the only scent I could pick up. I eventually found him standing by a river and I pushed him in. He jumps out, ready to fight. He lowers his stance when he realizes it's me.

"Oh hey. Who are these two?"

"Sky and Brison. They're joining the pack, you can trust them." I say.

"Oh."

"Where's Al-" I was cut off by Sky.

"How come you have to save us! I wanted to save myself!" Sky pouts and I laugh.

"Where's Alex?" I finish my sentence.

"Not too far from here. Come on." We take off running and find the others by the pack border.

"Alex!" I jump into his arms and hug him.

"We're going back home. Now. And me and you are having a talk." He says as he puts me down and drags my back to our pack house... This isn't going to be good. The other's follow closely behind, but keep their distance. I already knew that I was in trouble and I sure as heck wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Sorry it took forever to update, I've been busy, but I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Until next time!