chapter 3

Chapter 3

“Ms.Burke?” a nurse called.

“Um...yes it's me, is everything alright?”

“We need to discuss, some things. Ms.Burke would you mind coming with me?”

“Sure, let's go!”

“So Ms.Burke, you know your brother has cancer and we would like to help you and him into getting better...do you consider chemo therapy?”

“Of course, I want him to get better and be okay!”

“Well we have to discuss it with Mike too.” said the nurse.

“Umm okay...I think we can do it now”

We entered Mike's room...he was still asleep, I went near the bed.

“Mikey, wake up!” he started moving a little and opened his eyes.

“Hey sis, are you okay?”

“Yeah, Mike I'm fine. We need to talk out some things with the nurse, are you up to it?”

“Well I have to be, right...?” he said, I smiled sympatically.

“Hello Mike, I'm Dr.Collins and we have to the discuss if you are up to chemo or not.” Mike said nothing.

 “Mike please say something” I said.

“No, I will never take chemo!” said Mike. I was shocked and started screaming at him!

“How dare you say no! Do you know what I'm passing from? Do you know how much I'm suffering, seeing you like this? And there is a chance that you might get better and you are saying no!?!” Mike's temper got up too...

“Do you know how much side effects it has? Do you know that I have to lose all my hair...Do you know how much more I'm gonna vomit and how much pain I'm gonna pass from? And after all it might not work too!”

“I don't care...you have a chance to live, you have to take it!”

“No okay, no I want to live the last few days of my life happy and not it pain!”

“Okay then don't talk to me till your mind is cleared and you say the best thing for everyone” And I just left and went in the waiting room and I noticed Sam wasn't there anymore...great he left too. Everybody is leaving and now Mike is practically saying he wants to die, because he is not even taking a chance to try and live! I'm gonna just be left alone a I just cried.

After about half an hour Sam came back, he had a coffee and a muffin in his hand and I realised that I hadn't eaten in like almost 2 days and he told me to take them and eat.

“Sam, I thought you left” I told him. I would never leave you alone in a time like this Jess, I'm not like that!”

“But you don't even know me, why are you doing this, why are you still here, not sleeping, why?”

“Jess, you are my friend and my friend needs my help and I'm gonna help her even if it means that I'm not gonna sleep or eat!”

“Thanks really, I will never thank you enough”

“That's fine, now tell me why are you crying? What did the nurse say?” said Sam

“She asked Mike if he is gonna take chemo therapy or not and of course because he is a dumb jerk, he made the only choice that is good for him and said no” and I started crying again. Sam as always just hugged me and said

“It's okay...shh...It's okay, he is gonna change his mind, I'm sure” and we just stayed there. Sam's phone started ringing again...ugh I'm sure it's Rachel!

He got up and went outside...of course it's Rachel, when he came back, he kneeled to my level and told me

“I'm sorry but I have to go...don't worry I will come back, I promise!”

“It's okay Sam, if you don't want to you don't have to come,thanks for everything!”

“I will be back, I promise!” he smiled and left.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*