11

I woke up to my alarm going off. I couldn't really sleep that night because I was so nervous for Markelle and Lonzo.

I reached my hand out, feeling for Markelle but he wasn't there. I heard the shower running so I scrolled through Instagram, liking every picture about Draft day that I seen. The shower turned off and Markelle exited the bathroom.

"Good morning beautiful." He came over and kissed my forehead.

"Good morning. How are you feeling? Are you excited?" I asked as he got dressed. He didn't bother taking his clothes in the bathroom, it's not like I haven't seen it all before.

"I'm very excited. I'm also nervous."

"Baby, I'm telling you right now, you will be the first draft pick of the night."

"But what if they decide to take someone else over me?"

"Then they're stupid. But they're not gonna choose anyone else over you. Not even Lonzo."

He threw on some cargo shorts and a white t-shirt and checked himself in the mirror. I walked behind him and wrapped my arms around him. He looked over his shoulder at me and smiled.

"I'm so blessed to have you." He said as he turned in my arms and hugged me.

"I know. Now, what is there to do today?"

"Well, first I'm gonna go get us food then we're gonna eat and then, I've got to go pick up my suit and your dress since I'm gonna be out anyway. Then, I'm gonna go meet with some people and then, I'll be back here to get dressed. You are going as my date right?"

"Of course, as much as I love and support Lonzo, you're my fiance and father of my child. I have to show up with you. I'll be riding with my dad though."

He gripped my booty with both of his hands and dipped his head to kiss me.

"Just checking. Damn baby, yo ass is fat and when you start gaining baby weight, it's only gonna get fatter."

"Boy, get out of here and go get me some food. I'm hungry."

"Okaayyyy! Whatchu wanna eat?"

"Anything. It doesn't really matter."

"Alright, I'll be back."

"Alright see you when you get back."

Markelle left the room and I went to take a shower. I threw on his UW shirt and some basketball shorts. I'm not going anywhere anyway. There was a knock at the door and I knew it wasn't Markelle, he has a key.  I opened the door to see LaMelo. He walks right in the room.

"Well good morning to you too."

"Liyah, I'm having a fashion crisis."

"What's wrong?"

"I can't decide what to wear."

"All black. That's what we mutually agreed on." I said sitting beside him and putting my feet in his lap.

"I don't wanna wear all black though."

"Then don't LaMelo. Find like a different color jacket or something and match it with shoes."

"But what color though?"

I thought for a minute and it came to me.

"Red, my nigga. You can't go wrong with the red and black color combo."