6

The next morning, I woke up throwing up and I had cold chills. I got up and got dressed in something comfortable because I'm still going to class but only to take my Psychology test. I'll take the notes some other time. I informed my professor of my current condition and he said that I could leave right after I finished my test.

I walked in the classroom with my hoodie and a blanket. Y'all, when I tell you I'm freezing, I literally mean that shit. I got all kind of stares from people but I didn't care.

Professor Mathews took one look at me and told me to go back to my dorm.

"Miss Ball, please go home. You do not need to be up out of bed. I will let you make up your exam at a later date. Don't worry about it."

I didn't trust myself to open my mouth so I just nodded and walked out of the class room. I got in my car and drove right back to my dorm. I walked into my building and right to the elevator, ignoring everybody who tried to talk to me. I live on the 7th floor so I hit the 7 button and ride to my floor, totally ignoring the 4 other people in the elevator. I got off on my floor and went to my room, quickly unlocking the door with my student ID badge. I dropped my backpack and blanket in the floor by the door and made a beeline to the bathroom. All this movement made me wanna throw up, so I did.

I flushed the toilet and brushed my teeth before grabbing the trashcan and a sprite and slipping into bed.  The perks of being an athlete, you have your own dorm so that means there is no one here to witness me dehydrate myself by throwing up.

My phone started ringing so I picked it up. Markelle was facetiming me. I looked like death in sweatpants but I picked answered the call anyway.

"Hey babe- damn what's wrong with you?!"

Markelle said, clearly not expecting me to look like the Crypt keeper.

"I'm sick Kellz"

"Awe. I'm sorry baby. You have class today?"

"I had one which is currently going on but Professor Mathews sent me back here."

"Babe. Go to the doctor. You don't look good."

"I'll be alright. It's just a cold."

"A cold my left nut. You're pale. You have no melanin left in your face. I'm calling Lonzo to come take you."

"Markelle doooonnnntttt" I whined.

"Liyah, you're sick. You need medicine. I just texted him. "

I whined like a three year old that doesn't want to eat their broccoli. When I get sick, I'm a literal child. I whine a lot and I don't want to do anything.

There was a knock at the door.

"Hold on babe. Someone's at the door."

I throw the cover back and go open the main door to my dorm. Lonzo was standing there.

"I hate the both of you. Kelle, I'll call you later. King Lonzo is here to take me to the doctor."

"Okay. Love you. "

"I love you too."

I ended the facetime call and stared at  Zo.

"Shoes. Now."

I groaned and put my shoes on and followed him out to his car.

----------------------------------------------------------