The beauty of acceptance

So umm, tomorrow I go back to school and I have a whole new school to figure out. I just had a panic attack being at a giant golf coarse so I have no idea how I'm gonna (more than) survive. So updates may be slower (maybe bc I do rly like writing) but just a heads up there

So have this chapter thanks to all the scary stories my family told me last night. Idk if any of you believe in ghosts, but I 100% do. If you want the full experience of this, then I recommend reading this at night. But then again, it doesn't rly matter.

John - Shit man, that was hilarious!
Lafayette - Hell yeah it was! That's what he gets for giving me that D the other day.
Alex - How- how is that his fault?
John - It's a joke Alexander.
Alex - Oh, right haha.
Aaron - Well it's getting pretty dark out, you guys know what this means!
Lafayette John Hercules - CAMPFIRE!!!
Hercules - I'll get the fire equipment!
Lafayette - I'll get the wood!
John - I'll get the marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers!
Alex - We're making s'mores?
John - Well what campfire would it be without it?

I laughed at the playfulness in Johns voice. He strolled over to the refrigerator, and even as I turned to follow Hercules and Lafayette outside. I could still feel Aaron's eyes on the back of my neck. I turned around, and he didn't even try to look away. He just stared at me, not as if he was checking me out, or if he scowling and thinking about how to murder me in my sleep. It was like he was studying me with his eyes.

Alex - Anything you need?
Aaron - Nothing, just....thinking.

Ever since I met the four boys. Aaron always seemed like the oddball in the group. The different one. The one who didn't belong. The other boys were so open, so full of energy. And sometimes, Aaron kept it all inside, like he was in his own little world and didn't share the same energy that the others had. But maybe I'm the oddball now, am I even part of this group? What is this group?

If I kept thinking, I knew I was gonna have some existential crisis or some shit sooner or later. I opened the door and let the cool breeze of the night flow through me. The smell of burning wood reached my nostrils. The fire was growing larger by the second. It looked like Aaron had logs that we could sit on, wow, he really went all in on the camping theme. Then I looked closer, and saw that the was a large hole in the log where someone could sit. It was a perfect, squared whole. I set my hand on the log, and felt that it was indeed a very hard plastic. It still looked pretty realistic, so the fact that it was fake didn't ruin my camping vibe.

John - Dude, why'd you get the multi coloured marsh mellows? I can see they're different shades.
Lafayette - I don't know. Maybe cause you're gay.
John - Shut up!!

John laughed and threw the marshmallow bag at Lafayettes head. If I would've said something like that, I was sure that I would've been beaten to a pulp. I shook the thought off my head. When you're with your best friends and you see something rainbow coloured, you're bound to make a gay joke. And I was a hundred percent sure that Lafayette was just joking.

Hercules - So umm...again, we're only used to having four people Alex. So you could sit with John or something.
Alex - Huh? Oh no, I'm fine on the ground.
Hercules - I said....sit, with, John.
Alex - Okay okay!
John - What the fuck Hercules? I'm not moving.
Alex - You don't have to, I'm just gonna sit on the log part.
John - Ugh, fine.

I sat down on the log, making sure to keep my distance from John. Lafayette tossed me the marshmallow bag from across the fire. I found a pink, blue, and purple one, since atleast I could have a marshmallow that described me. Aaron had the metal marshmallow holders that could hold two marshmallows instead of sticks. I was about to stick my holder in the fire, when a hand placed another marshmallow on the other point of the holder. I knew that it was Johns hand, I glanced over at him and he sent me a smirk.