Chapter 7: Jumbled Expectations

Start from the beginning

I bet I was probably be the one looking strange.

There wasn't even a single crack or sound from the other side.

If my expectations were too high, that was expecting someone to open the door for me and treating this new student like a VIP, then how am I going to open the door when there was no sign of giving any permission to?

I was thinking of asking the people that passed by me, but they were apparently staring at me, specifically to my uniform, pretty immersed in it instead of helping.

Oh, but hey- thank goodness there was an advantage for me. I just need to ask them, that's all. Although I'm so nervous to ask.

"E-excuse me," I stuttered. "Is this the principal's r-room? I don't seem to.. receive any sign of someone's inside.. Is this perhaps not..?"

I got disappointed in their reactions. No one even responds to me. They only stared and started to walk away and with that, simply avoiding my question.

My question was left floating in the air, already blown away by the wind along with my little hope.

It was as if I was a standing mannequin with a new brand of designed clothes.

But with 35% off, I presumed.

I sighed. I didn't see Hoya anywhere. Where could he be? Is he coming late?

Has he suddenly forgotten about me?

I shook my head, "Aish no negative thoughts, Chorong! It might happen if you think of it!" I whispered to myself.

He will not forget about me, can he?

Okay, relax, maybe I should ask someone about him.

"CH-CHANGKAMMANNYEO! [W-WAIT!]"

I succeeded in halting some of the girls and two boys from getting away as they looked back at me, the girls gave me the weird and cold faces while the boys wore amused expressions as my hands still gesturing them to stop, and shaking.

"ah- do you know Lee Hodong? I'm Park Chorong, his cousin.."

The girls whispered to each other as they also did to me before when I asked them for the principal's room. One of the girls stood forward, the one with blond hair in a side swept ponytail and had the hardest expression of them all.

"Lee Hodong? Lee Hodong. He would never acknowledge someone who call him by his real name. How could a cousin didn't know that? Oh of course, you lied." she blurted, making me flinched in spot.

Oh no how could I forgot about that? This could be a misunderstanding.

Our real names are almost alike! It can make a good reason, no? Cho Ho Rong Dong Ding Dong? Urgh what am I thinking? My brain is seriously not under control right now, I'm doomed.

"L-Let me expl-"

"Hey newbie, just get lost! Someone like you are not suitable to place your feet on this elite place! Wearing those dirty clothes and being a liar on your first day.." the same girl cut my words as I didn't have the chance to speak up my thoughts.

Really doomed. Am I going to be kicked out..?

"Tch she's just someone who will bring the shame and disaster to this school instead of a scholar," another girl with a black ponytail and well defined dark eyeliners said, stood near in front of me and pushed both sides of my shoulder harshly, making my body to stumble backwards.

As she pushed me further, my back eventually bumped the hard wooden door behind me which I thought previously was a principal's room, making the door shook. I hissed in pain and automatically fell to the floor from the strong impact it gave.