NINE

"Nandani ! Are you ready ?" Shraddha di entered in my room and caressed my cheeks.

"Yes!" I smiled lightly.

Di held my both palms and spoke,
"Aap janti hai Nandani k Manik aap se bohot pyaar karte....!"Before she could say more in her brother's favour I cutted her in between,

"Di ! I don't want to know if Manik loves me or not! Main apni nayi zindagi jeena chahti hn Armaan k sath atleast he makes me smile instead of your brother who only makes me cry!" I looked in di's forlorn eyes and held her palms more tightly.

I know she is sad,sad for her brother!

"Did Manik do something?Tell me I'll talk to him!" Di wiped my tear which just touched the cheek bone.

"Nhi di ! Wo bechara tou mareez hai! Ab ek beemar paghle mareez ko kaun samjhaye!" I chuckled and Di laughed.

"It's wrong Nandani ! He is my brother haan!" Di made a bad face and I giggled.

Aap ko Kia Pta di k kis kisam ki gaaliyaan deti hn main aapke pregnant bhai ko !

Di corrected my hair and dress a little.

"Let's go!" Di smiled and I nodded.

We reached the garden where my engagement ceremony was organised.

The garden was bustled but as soon as I arrived,it turned silent.

All lights got closed and a white spotlight was dangling over me only.

My gaze was fixed on the ground as I felt hundreds of unknown stares on me.Being nervous I held di's hand firmly and she held my hand more tight,to eradicate my nervousness.

I looked up a little,only to find Armaan standing on the stage,looking stunning in his white prince coat,with pink handkerchief enhancing his front chest pocket.

His stare made me blush and I looked down.

Amidst all this I felt a familiar burning gaze also but I chose it to ignore.

I reached the stage and di left my hand as Armaan forwarded his hand for me.

The crowd cheered loudly.

I held his hand while blushing and climbed the two steps.

The closed lights turned on,making the chirpness among the crowd exceed.

"Nandani! You are looking very beautiful! Aap se nazrein hatane ka dil nhi chah raha mera!" Armaan spoke while arming my shoulders,posing for another photograph.

I smiled genuinely.

"Take her in your arms!" The photographer spoke and my body convulsed a little which was noticed by Armaan.

"No ! We are done ! Thanks for the amazing clicks!" Armaan spoke and the photographer nodded.

I looked towards him with embarrassment.

"Armaan wo...I am not actually...!"My sentence left incomplete as Armaan completed it.

"Comfortable?"He took a pause and looked in my eyes and then continued,"Doesn't matter Nandani!I know our relationship isn't that smooth.Everything happened in haste.Aur Wese bhi romance karne k liye tou sari zindagi pari hai!" He dashed his right elbow with my left elbow lightly and I tittered a little.