Chapter 29 (UNSEALING: The Envious Lich)

Start from the beginning

Uni: "So what happened?"

Memoire: "Well... Something great and a little bit sad actually..."

Uni: "Huh? What do you mean?"

Memoire: "...Hey, Uni... Did you know that babies 3-4 years of age can retain memories?"

Uni: "Really? That's so cool!"

Memoire: "Yeah... Well, Lord Schwarz and Lady Noire were talking about something when I got here and well..."

We went back to her room.

Memoire proceeds to open her palm and presented me a memory... Her memory... I saw a beautiful lady with pure black hair, a dress dyed in black and bluish white...

Uni: "Hey she kinda looks like you... even the dress is similar..."

I then see small hands extend outwards reaching for the lady's hand, it was an infants, and judging from the source it was Memoire's...

Uni: "Wait could that lady be-!"

Memoire: "Yes... She's my mother... My true mother... Her name is Memoria..."

Uni: "Then you've finally found out that Schwarz's..."

Memoire: "Yup... he's my father..."

Tears started to well up from her eyes and she couldn't hold them any longer...

Memoire: "After all this time... I thought I was the last one in my family, I felt so lonely that at times I even thought of just wasting away in a dark street alley. Helping out here in the Basilicom has made me avoid that fate fortunately, and Lord Schwarz was never far when I needed him... But now I find out that he was my father all along. I feel so conflicted... he explained himself to Lady Noire, so I know his reasoning, but... I don't feel satisfied at all..."

...The image in her hand moved into a very brutal scene...

Memoire: "This was the night Lord Schwarz accidentally killed his wife..."

...The Next scene showed the lady looking into Memoire's eyes, saying the most loving and caring words that any mother can say...

Memoire: "She kept me  safe... and even while in pain she still managed to give me the sweetest smile... I didn't have a chance to get to know her properly, but I can tell... she loved me with all her heart, body and soul... she risked her life for me, she was willing to throw it away just to save me..."

Uni: "Memoire..."

Memoire: "I also found out why shifters and humans started hating each other... it's all because one faction couldn't accept the fact that their Lord loved a Shifter... and AGES... the man who attempted to assassinate me... he was Lord Schwarz best friend... why would he do this...? The more I think about it... it seems like... it's my fault that-"

Uni: "Don't say that."

I cut her sentence she was starting to blame herself, that was not going to end well if it kept going.

Memoire: "I'm sorry... I got a bit gloomy... but truth be told... because of the existence of Aberrants the relationship between humans and shifters were already at a bad state, so when I was born, it triggered the chain events..."

Uni: "I said stop that."

Memoire: "ah!"

I slap her face once. She needs to stop from taking the blame!

Uni: "You were just a victim of someone's narrow mindedness, you're not the one to blame you got that?"

Memoire: "Uni... yes... I got it."