Applause ( oneshot )

Start from the beginning

My eyes wandered around the reflective room, meeting my own as they landed on a different surface.

I almost laughed.

I looked horrible.

So, so horrible.

Everything was reflected in those mirrors, and the image projected was just the same.

It was just horrible.

Then I thought. . .

Is this why I am despised?

Is this why I am. . .?

Is this why. . .?

Before the fountain of wisdom crystallizes, the house of mirrors shakes. Slowly, cracks form on the hundred surfaces that reflect an entity of clouded judgement.

And they shatter.

Funny. It looks like rain. Lethal rain. Harmful rain.

Rain that cuts.

Rain that draws scarlet.

Ah, I get it.

Everything about me is horrible.

This is why I despise everything.

The shards cave in and form a dome above my head, dancing a Macabre in the air before they take their graceful bows on a wooden wreck which was once a stage.

A stage littered with rotten goals, dead ideals and dreams that I knew for sure were never to rise from the realm of the fallen.

A stage full of holes that allowed puddles to accumulate from the never-ending rain that I had made no effort to will away by dancing the rain dance.

My stage run by façades.

My stage that screamed 'loneliness'.

Why am I here?

What am I supposed to do?

I can't feel the stinging of the wounds that the mirrors had reflected into my skin.

I can't feel the burning of my skull as I try to think of a logical explanation.

Of a sane thought.

But how can I do that?

I ran out of normalcy.

"You were never a stereotypical being in the first place."

I hear.

But who?

"It's me."

I gaze at the center of the crumbling stage.

I see a performer, a child wearing a mask and a pleasing outfit.

I drift off, then find myself settled on one of the VIP seats.

I wanted to run.

Run away.

Away from this place that reminded me of all the times I failed before I even tried to take action.

And of course, of the crushing defeats that harnessed enough power to knock me out of the arena before the battle began.

But I couldn't.