Chapter Three: Clear the Room... Again

Start from the beginning

"How do you so that?" He cocked his head as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her to him. Naomi sighed, trying desperately to remove his hands, but he refused with a chuckle.

"I am Naomi Washington. If I need something done, it gets done, and they get paid for it," she shrugged which caused Joshua to plant a kiss on her lips. She frowned deeply when he pulled away so quickly.

"And I am Joshua Livingston, but I can't get three suits to my room i ten minutes," he kissed her lips again, too quick for her amusement.

"I have friends who know people, not to mention I have run many campaigns, and everyone in Washington is familiar with my name," Naomi challenged, this time standing on her tiptoes to kiss him. It took him by shock, but he liked the feistiness and dominance she was showing now, but he would always be the more dominant one.

"Point taken, but I am a governor." She closed her eyes in preparation for another kiss, but it never came. Her eyes slowly opened to see Joshua smirking wickedly at her, his eyes traveling down her toned body. "Don't look so disappointed, princess." She was lifted up in seconds and thrown onto the bed. Joshua climbed on top of her, his lips lingering everywhere but hers as she arched into his touch. Her hands became lost in his dirty blonde tresses that were perfectly trimmed and combed as he assaulted her neck, but never leaving a mark. Finally, he made it to her lips, immediately receiving entry. Naomi's moaning sent a course of heat Joshua had never felt before throughout his body each time she did. He didn't know such a noise could cause his body to react so irrationally, as he did on the bus when he tossed her onto the table.

"I would stay awhile," he pulled away from her plump lips, and stood. "But, I think Damian will be at my door in T-minus five seconds," he smirked as he threw another wicked smirk over his shoulder as he walked out of Naomi's room, leaving her soaked, hot, and bothered.

Naomi snapped out of her thoughts when the crowd erupted with claps and whoops and hollers. She clapped also, joining in as if she knew exactly what was being said. Even the reports who had camera men tagging along with cameras hoisted on their shoulders looked content with the point Governor Livingston had made, and she was proud of that. Joshua continued listing the demographics they had prepared together and all in all, everyone was excited for his candidacy. Towards the end, Joshua sent out a special thank you to his four endorsers, and also his campaign manager and team, who he pointed out was sitting right behind him. She cringed, but waved as the cameras went absolutely crazy. She was sure they had known who she was, but they were unaware of what exactly she had to do with the governor from California in New York. It was what she had purposed, a big boom, but she hadn't expected it to be because of her.

The speech was over, and the interviewers were acting just as Naomi thought, shooting questions to her candidate with fiery tongues. Only one other candidate had announced before Joshua, it was still extremely early, but this demanded the attention of the voters and the other nominees. Naomi answered the questions as Joshua talked with CNN, MSNBC, and ABC across the way. The two made an awesome team, their answers coincided, everything lined up, and ultimately, the announcement went better than she could have ever imagined. Naomi nailed at least four more endorsements before she and her team headed back to the campaign bus, on their way to celebrate.

She didn't drink much, maybe when she went out twice a year with Regina and Jack, but not much. It had been her first drink in six months, and it was champaign along with her team as they dined in a restaurant that was imbedded in their hotel. There were a total of twenty people in their private section who now all held glasses in their hand- six from her team, Joshua, eight endorsors, and six extra people she had hired to cover the paperwork. Joshua spoke eloquently as Naomi stood quite a ways away, and watched as his eyes stayed on hers, never once looking away while he made a toast.