Chapter Twenty-Five: Mama Bear Loves You

A/N: There's a provocative part in this chapter, and if you're one of those people who would rather not read, just skip over it, but you have been warned, lol! * insert evil laugh *

Enjoy!

~CasuallyMe

"Good evening, America. Tonight... our hearts are heavy with grief. Our president, Joshua Livingston, and our First Lady, Naomi E.W. Livingston, have been injured. Today, in secret, the president had a meeting with Abrack Muhkhari, the leader of the radical group who also has the ten girls the First Lady is attempting to save. I say is because she is still alive, and we know that no matter what happens, she will get those girls. However, as four our forty-fourth president, Joshua Livingston, well, he... we're afraid he did not make it."

"Naomi!" Shouted what sounded of her mother. Naomi could hear, but she couldn't see. For the life of her, Naomi could not open her eyes, in fear that if she did, what had been on loop in her head for the past three days would actually be a reality.

"N-no! No!" Naomi screamed as if she was about to be murdered.

"Naomi!" Her mother hissed again, this time shaking her daughter's body. "Please, you are raising your blood pressure!"

"M-mom?" She muttered, shocking herself that she had finally snapped out of the trance she had been in for what felt like eternity.

"Yes... open your eyes, baby girl," her mother coaxed. Ruth watched as her one and only daughter struggled to open her eyes. She didn't think she could live in a world where there was no Joshua nor Naomi. Without either of her children, Ruth wasn't sure if she could make it. However, if Naomi happened to deliver a healthy baby before she left the earth, Ruth knew she would never cease to keep her grandson's parents' legacy a constant reminder to him and the rest of America. She just prayed God didn't want to put that on her.

"M-mom," Naomi whispered as her eyes finally opened, slowly but surely. Her mother was sitting at the edge of her bed, smiling, but she had tears in her eyes. Naomi felt like she was going to be sick. She could feel her stomach churning with nerves, her head was pounding, and there was an excruciating pain in her birth canal. She had forgotten every single thing that happened three days prior, but, as she stared into her mother's hurt eyes, it all rushed back to her.

It hit Naomi all at once, everything she had temporarily forgotten for the thirty seconds she had been up. The head rush hurt. She screamed. She screamed at the top of her lungs as she remembered feeling her husband's warm blood as well as her warm blood and the rush of water that fell from her, signaling her child was on the way.

"Naomi! You have to stop screaming!" Her mother shouted over her, leaning down to hug her daughter as tight as she could. It took Naomi near half a minute to stop her ear-shattering screams. By the time she had snapped back in line, Naomi's voice was almost completely gone, her eyes were wild, and she could feel herself slowly beginning to lose it.

"W-where is he?! Where's my child?!" Naomi questioned frantically.

"H-he's in the NICU. He was born two months early, but he's fairing. He's a tiny little thing, but he's adorable. H-he looks exactly like his father," her mother informed as her eyes began watering again.

"W-what..." Naomi trailed. Her heart was pounding as she thought of all the possible things that could've happened to the love of her life. All she knew in that moment was that if he was gone, she would be stuck in a depression for the rest of her life, and she didn't want to give her son that kind of mother.

"He uhm..."

"Is he alive?" Naomi questioned carefully but sternly. She knew if her mom told her everything, she would get sick, so she wanted to start with the smallest, yet most important detail first.