Chapter Three: Clear the Room... Again

Red, white, and blue balloons dropped on Naomi's cue, and the upbeat music began. There were young people all over the auditorium, prepared and ready to support this new guy they hadn't even heard of. This was Sheila's first big job, and she watched as her boss smiled over at her, shaking her hand, and muttering her appraisal to her newest employee. She was beyond elated that she had finally stepped into her boss's graces, and won her respect. She watched as Naomi gave the next cue for Mr. Livingston to walk out onto the stage, and he did so with a dashing smile and a walk she had never seen before, filled with confidence and swagger. He waved as he greeted the four men that stood behind him, then stopped at the podium, and picked up the cordless mic that was waiting to be spoken in. His endorsers were men of New York who genuinely supported him, and accepted the offer almost as soon as Naomi proposed it. One, Mr. Peter Terrell would be on the list of possible VP's Naomi would assemble in a few weeks along with Sheila and Regina. He was a younger man, around forty, and he was energetic and as healthy as ever, not to mention handsome. He and Joshua would look great in a history book together, or even a portrait of the two hanging in the White House. Governor Livingston waved at the young crowd who were all armored in their Livingston gear that was distributed at the door, along with miniature flags. Naomi then walked out behind him, and took a seat behind the four men who were in full support of Livingston and his message.

Throughout the speech, Naomi's thoughts traveled to earlier that morning.

Regina had everyone's hotel rooms set and ready to go once they arrived, and had even reserved a conference room to use at their disposal. Luckily, Naomi and Joshua's rooms were neighboring, and were connected by a narrow corridor. He came knocking around six that morning, smile in attendance as she opened the door. She had never plastered a smile on her face before seven o'clock, yet one was present now. She noticed he held to shirts and two ties in his hand as she moved over, and allowed him to step in.

"Good morning," he grinned, leaning and pressing a quick kiss to her lips.

"No kissing before ten, it's a new rule," she smirked as she pulled away.

"That's no fun," he pouted as she giggled, walking and sitting at the edge of her bed.

"Nothing's fun on the campaign trail. So, what do you need?"

"I need to figure out what I should wear, but I want to set you on a conference room table again," he smiled devilishly as Naomi gasped, her eyes widening at his comment.

"Joshua!" She blushed as he rolled the desk chair directly in front of her, and laid his dressing choices on it.

"I was being honest. So which one?" He chuckled at her expression.

"B-blue and the red tie," she nodded toward the light blue shirt and deep red tie; he had thought that also. "You're running as a democrat, your color is blue. Besides, you can trust a man in blue, and the red makes you look as patriotic as you are."

"Well, I do love my country," he winked as she laughed slightly again.

"What color's your suit?" She questioned as he winced.

"I only brought along two pinstripes, but -" she held her hand up, pausing him in mid-sentence.

"You brought two pinstripes? We talked about this, Joshua," she groaned as she waltzed over to her cell phone that was on the nightstand next to her bed. "I need a blue, a black, and a brown seat to Governor Livingston's room in ten minutes... Thank you, Damian," she sighed before turning only to be met by Joshua who's smile had grown significantly in a matter of seconds.