Chapter Thirty-Three: Back in Business

A/N: This chapter is titled Back in Business, and you'll be kinda scared to find out why. Any predictions? If not, continue reading babies! There's a time jump, so that's why things are different, especially with the pregnancy! The author's note at the end is BEYOND important, so check it out! Love y'all!

~CasuallyMe

Back in Business

* Four Months Later *

Naomi was four months and two weeks pregnant, and she had never felt better. With her anxiety back under control, and her baby girl in her stomach, Naomi felt so much happier, as she predicted. She knew that she could beat just about anything, but it would've been impossible without her husband.

Joshua laid next to her as they slept in their bed at their Denver home. For a month, they had been in Denver, and the family had all come in two days before. It was the Christmas season, and they decided to have it in Denver for a lot of reasons: they were guaranteed snow, they hadn't been back in nearly six months, and they had enough room to accommodate everyone.

Naomi groaned as she felt her stomach do a flip, but soon smiled down at it. Charlotte Logan Elaine Livingston was due in May, May the nineteenth. It was a perfect time, considering it was a week after Charlie would head over to their home in Washington, and this time, Naomi didn't plan on getting shot and entering labor early. She couldn't wait to meet her baby girl. Though she was only four months along, Naomi wanted to be done with the pregnancy. Since her anxiety ran rampant at the beginning, she had to pay for it in the latter. She had to watch what she was eating, and get a certain amount of intense breathing exercises in order for her baby to come out healthy, among a few other things. But she was willing to do whatever she had to in order for it to work.

The President and First Lady's bedroom door swung open as they laid, and in came Charlie, carefully holding an eleven month old JC in his arms. He quickly set down the chubby baby, and jumped over Naomi and Joshua's bed with the largest smile on his face.

"It's Christmas, daddy!" He yelled, seeing as Joshua was the only one still sleeping. Joshua groaned lowly in his sleep as Naomi giggled, pulling both Charlie and JC up to her, kissing each of their foreheads.

"What?" Joshua huffed as Naomi turned and looked at him. He had decided to start shaving his beard. Since his thirty-sixth birthday, he felt he was starting to look older, and he didn't want that. He claimed he had to keep up with Naomi who was just thirty.

"Baby, how about you go brush your teeth and wake everyone else up, and we'll all open gifts together, okay?" Naomi proposed as Charlie nodded, planting a kiss on his mom's cheek before climbing off the bed. He took JC with him, and the barely waddling child followed him out of the room, falling three times before he even reached the door.

"Merry Christmas," Naomi sang as she rolled over on top of Joshua, her stomach poking at his shirt she wore.

"Merry Christmas, baby," he smiled, now wide awake. "This is the best Christmas ever so far," he winked as his hands lifted to her breasts with a giggle from Naomi. She hopped from him before they could get started, and headed into the bathroom with her husband following. Joshua started the shower as Naomi brushed her teeth, in their true relationships's fashion.

"How is Charlotte Logan feeling this morning?" He hummed as he brushed his teeth as well, and Naomi stripped.

"She's moving a lot, but other than that, she's fine," she shrugged as he turned and stepped into the shower, helping her in as well.

"And how's my beautiful wife?" He smiled as he graced her lips, washing her stomach carefully. Since she had told him she was pregnant, he had warmed up to the idea of a baby girl. He couldn't wait for Charlotte's arrival.