Chapter Thirty-Six: Hints, Text Marriages, and Therapy

A/N: No song, sorry!

Hints, Text Marriages, and Therapy

Naomi and Joshua couldn't stop kissing-- no, they wouldn't. Their lips were locked at all times, their hands were touching, and their eyes were closed. And it had been that way since they had each found out about their struggle when they weren't together. It was almost weird how something so long ago affected their relationship even now; there was a new sense of appreciation they both had for each other, and it was fueling them.

Naomi giggled as Joshua kissed her lips quickly, not letting her hold on. For whatever reason, he couldn't stop it. He'd tried to stay focused on his writing and finishing, but with his wife around "helping" him, it was way too hard. Joshua moved to her jaw, biting her there as Naomi continued her laughing as they flirted. But that all came to an end.

Jack bursted through the Oval door to see Naomi partially sitting in Joshua's lap as they shared giggles and kisses. He frowned deeply before clearing his throat, causing both of his best friends to look his way.

"This is sickening," he groaned as Naomi slowly stood from Joshua's lap, and blushed.

"What's up, man?" Josh smiled widely as he stood too, and walked to greet his friend happily. He hadn't seen him in a few days.

"I was coming to see my buddy, but looks like someone is on pregnant wife duty," Jack teased as he looked to an unamused Naomi.

"Oh, shut up," she rolled her eyes as Josh nudged his friend. "Hopefully, soon you'll be on pregnant wife duty soon."

"The mood-swings are bad in the morning, tread carefully," Josh warned as Jack snickered with him as Naomi rolled her eyes.

"Sorry Na. Regina wants you to bring JC over to her office before the day starts," Jack relayed his fiancé's message.

"Okay, I'll go wake him up. And babe, please don't be late," Naomi gave him a pointed look as Joshua nodded immediately, giving her a quick peck before she left.

"So how was it?"

"The Bahamas or Orlando?"

"Both," Joshua shrugged as he took a seat, offering Jack one across from him.

"Well, her dad was pissed I didn't ask him before hand, but when we met, he was fine. He said he liked me and we were good until Naomi called, and we had to go," Jack answered.

"And her mom?"

"She's very sweet. My hardest time was with her brother. He came around eventually. He even told me that someone's wife had a crush on him," Jack teased as Joshua groaned.

"Yeah, yeah! She told me she liked him, but he's a lot older."

"What?"

"Right? Isn't he like fifty something?" At the thought, Jack bursted into laughter.

"No, dude. I'm afraid he's just a few years older than you, maybe four," Jack smirked as Josh scrunched is nose.

"Yeah, but she hasn't seen him since she was a kid, so..."

"You sound kinda scared. What's up?"

"Nothing! Nothing, it's just... whenever the wedding comes around, the baby will be here, and Naomi would've grown in certain... areas," he shrugged as he looked away.

"Awh, come on! You know she won't care. Hell, if it hadn't been for me coming in here, you two would've ruined the whole office," Jack chuckled as Joshua shook his head with a small laugh as well.