Spears 'n Bones

You stared with wide eyes at the scene before you, gripping Papyrus's clothing tightly in your fists. It was a disaster waiting to happen, and it all seemed to start with you.

  A blue spear swirled in a blue hand, Undyne leaping from the towering rock's peak and aimed it at Sans as she slammed into the ground, although sticking the landing.

  The shorter monster evaded the attack and started blocking the now oncoming assault. He spawned bones in his hands and collided them against the spears, blocking and all the while trying to land his own blows too.

  Undyne didn't seem to want to let up, and one of the scary parts to you was that Sans didn't seem to want to either.

  "KN-KNOCK IT OFF YOU TWO-! H-HEY! QUIT THAT!" Papyrus's almost shrill-sounding voice carried over across the battling but it didn't seem to deter the battlers at all. Barely even made a difference.

The fight continued, a mixture of sounds pierced your ears and oh how you wished it'd stop. The cracking of weapon against weapon, the grunts of attackers when pushed back or hit, and the slight scuffing noise when either monster slid and dodged along the rough, rocky ground.

  You didn't know who seemed to be winning, although it soon was obvious on who was; Sans. No attacks whatsoever hit him while Undyne was showered with them. Although, she was a tough-looking warrior, and hardly took those as a scratch, and took them as a means to get even more angrier.

  Spear here? Slide to the left. Spear there? Slide to the right. One flung from front and behind? Duck down low. Sans was doing an amazing job dodging, and he even slowly depleted Undyne's HP while doing it. There really wasn't a single problem.

  Suddenly, a white, backwards heart burst from the older skeleton's chest and was out in front of him. It pulsed once before suddenly changing color. It was now green.

  You were amazed. Didn't you see a heart kinda like that in front of Papyrus at one point? Only difference is that Papyrus's stayed white, Sans's turned green. Well, whatever the reason, it was pretty cool.

  Papyrus didn't seem to think it was cool. Instead he took in a sharp inhale, and when he exhaled, it came out in the form of words. "UH OH."

  "Fuhuhuhu! See how well your dodging is when your soul is green!" Undyne gave a laugh, now spawning more attacks to fling.

  Something started to confuse you. If Sans was so good at dodging, why wasn't he doing so now? He was just standing in place as the attacks came soaring at him. Now instead of dodging, he spawned a bone in each hand and went to blocking, spinning around in circles to face whatever direction the attacks came in.

Sans seemed to be just as good of a blocker as he was a dodger. He blocked spears and even tried to redirect them right back at Undyne. The pair of skeletal hands released the bones and they then hovered in air, spinning around him as they did the blocking for him.

Even though fearful, both you and the tall skeleton were in awe. Neither of you had seen Sans do anything like this, and yet Papyrus even lived with the guy!

After a while of superb blocking, Undyne had enough and Sans's soul turned back to normal. At that instant a stray attack flew in out of nowhere, Sans barely given the chance to dodge, in which he did miss it by a hair.

"* heheh... * that almost got me. * jeez, do you really wanna hurt me?" The older skeleton's grin widened almost playfully, which really wasn't the best idea, but it was indeed something.

"Rrr. How do you keep-"

"* nah, time's up. * it's my turn," he winked, his fingers coming up and formed a snapping motion. He snapped, and Undyne's soul appeared, now turning blue.