Chapter 28

Bless her heart she looked stunned out of her mind. Just like all the other non-royals and non-guardian dhampirs we had asked.

"Your majesties I would love to help. But I am not sure that I am qualified for something like that."

"The only qualifications that you need is being a non-royal and being someone that the people can talk to and connect with. With your jobs at the café/coffee shop and department store. We feel that our people may see you as more approachable than they might see some of the others of us. Which is why we specifically asked you, Mia, Sonya, Oksana, Dr. Oldenzki, and St. Vladimir's headmistress Ellen Kirova. To be the non-royal council. We want people that their peers feel that they can easily approach and talk to about anything. And to us you seem like that type of young lady. If you are worried about your jobs or your mother don't be. Because your bosses will be glad to give you the time off for the meetings. And if a meeting happens while you are with your mother. We will send two people, that we trust, to stay with her while you are in the meeting."

"That is all very generous of you your majesties."

"So my wife and I ask you Amanda will you help our people?"

"Well, when you put it like that I can't really refuse can I?" She asked with a smile. As everyone else chuckled quietly around her.

Everyone that was present welcomed Amanda to our new and finally settled councils.

Before the meeting was dismissed it was decided that in two days. Everyone would bring their families that were able to attend to a celebratory dinner. Celebrating the reconstitution of the councils and the extending of our families.

(DPOV)

When mama found out about the gathering we were having she wanted to do the cooking. But Roza and I told her that there was no way she could cook for over sixty people and still be ready to be a guest at the dinner as well.

She argued saying that she wanted to do it. So we told her that could set up the menu cook the black bread and a few other dishes. But she had to be finished by three so she would have time to rest and get ready for dinner. She'd clapped her hands delightedly then asked who would serve. We laughed before telling her that the wait staff of the palace would do the serving. She tried to object but Roza convinced her.

"Mama if we don't let them do their jobs they will lose them. Then how will they feed their families?"

That shut my mother down instantly. She hadn't thought of that she had only thought of how much she loved to cook for her friends and family.

Our lives progressed over the next week. A lot of things about our world changed some people were happy with the changes some were not. But as I told my Roza, "you can't please everyone."

We had gone to Roza's doctor today for her second ultrasound. Where we got pictures of our children. We got five pictures but after the appointment we went and had twenty copies made. When we arrived home we handed them out to our families. My family arrived a week after Roza and I had.

Roza's coronation gown was finally finished as was my uniform. Just in time for our coronation next week. It had to be put off for a few weeks because Roza was having terrible bouts of morning sickness. It was so bad that much to her irritation she had been put on bed rest. As she was too weak to get around by herself. Now she was past that thank God so the coronation was back on track.

Finally, today was the day the day that my beautiful wife became queen and I become her king.

Roza and I stood outside the throne room surrounded by our guardians. Today was going to be a long and nerve wracking day.