08

The Sports Festival was finally here. We were currently in the waiting room, ready for the festival to start. I sat at a table with Eijirou, Kaminari, Todoroki, and Katsuki.

Katsuki trained me harder everyday. I wasn't disappointed though, I learned a lot of useful things. Of course he would bitch about being better than me.

"Attention everyone! The sports festival is about to begin!" Iida bursts through the door. Everyone took deep breathes, including Katsuki. I was actually nervous. Millions of people are watching, but that's not why I'm nervous.

"Hey mom? When I get into UA and fight in the sports festival, will you be there to cheer me on?" I look up at my mother who was watching the tv screen with a smile. We watched the annual sports festival together every year.

"Of course (Y/N)! I want to see you become number one and show everyone you're the best one there!" She pats my head.

"One day I'm gonna win the sports festival just for you! And I want you to be there with me when I get that gold metal!"

"(Y/N)? Are you alright? You seem upset." Eijirou touches my arm. I slightly flinch, "I'm fine. Just nervous."

"Ha. Scaredy cat." Katsuki mumbles. "Tch." I roll my eyes at him.

We all exited the room and walked out into the stadium.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! PLEASE WELCOME THE FIRST YEARS OF THE HERO COURSE, CLASS 1-A!" Present Mic shouts. I look around the stadium, an image of my mother sitting in the first row appeared. I look down at my feet and sighed.

"And now, representing class 1-A is, Katsuki Bakugou!" The R-rated hero, Midnight spoke, swaying her hips. All the guys around me blushed, except Katsuki of course. With a poker face, he walked onto the little stage and stood in front of the mic with his hands in his pocket. Everyone gasped, then waited for his speech.

"I just wanna say, I'm gonna win."

"I KNEW HE WOULD SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!" Everyone starts booing him. I just sigh and shake my head. Typical Bakugou.

"Why do you have to be so disrespectful! You're representing us all!" Iida moved his hand in an up and down motion. Izuku sighed just like I did.

"Not my fault you're all just stepping stones to my victory." Katsuki gave Iida a thumbs down. He then stepped off the stage. I watch as Katsuki walked passed me, his eyes didn't look at me.

Midnight starts to explain the rules for the obstacle race. I made sure to move in front of everyone once the race begun.

"BEGIN!"

I rush through the crowd and didn't get squished. Thank goodness. As I was running I noticed a figure in front of me.

"Todoroki?!"

He looks at me for a moment, then runs away

He looks at me for a moment, then runs away. I gasp once I noticed the ice covering the ground. I used the air to move me, making me fly over it. Katsuki, and other students did the same with their quirks. Before we had a chance to reach the next part, giant robots appeared in front of us.

"So these are the robots from the entrance exam?" I hear Todoroki whisper. He ends up freezeing them. I decided to fly over them using the air again. Katsuki was close behind me.

"Get out of my way you idiot!" He calls from behind. I ignore him and tried to get away from him as fast as I can. I heard him screaming from the distance. Just then, a body clashed into mine, causing us to both fall on the ground. I rub my head and look up at Katsuki who was on top of me.

"What the hell?!" I blush and push him off of me. He wipes off the dirt from his pants and growls, "You just had to get in my way."

"YOU WERE THE ONE WHO—Oh forget this, I can't waste my time on you." I flew again over the cliff with ropes. The next part was right in front of me. I continued to fly through the bombs in the ground.

"YOU SUCK!" Katsuki flew next to me. Both of us were trying to catch up to Todoroki. I end up behind them as they both fought for first place. Just then, pink smoke surrounded us. I cough and look up at the flying figure.

"IZUKU MIDORIYA IS NOW IN FIRST PLACE!" Present Mic shouted through the speakers. I watched as Izuku stepped on Todoroki and Katsuki's backs to get another hit of the bombs. He was now ahead of all of us. I started running after the three. Finally I reached the finish line. Izuku started tearing up realizing that he won, even without using his quirk. I smile and looked at the score board.

I was in fourth place.

"Deku, no way, not again!" Katsuki's body shook with anger. Everyone else started rushing in at that moment.

"Hey (Y/N)! Good job getting into fourth place!" Eijirou grabs my shoulder while panting.

"Thanks." I smile at him, "Seems like you and that iron guy are a lot alike!"

"I hate the fact that we're so similar!" He groans.

"Don't worry, I personally believe that you're stronger than him." I wink. He blushes and nervously laughs.

"(Y/N)." Izuku came up to us, "Good job."

"Thanks! Same to you! You got first place!" I hug him.

"Yeah man! And you didn't even use your quirk!" Eijirou added. Izuku frantically waved his hands around, trying to make up an excuse.

"Hey Izuku, I wanna talk to you." I decided to finally tell him that I know about his quirk, one for all. 

"O-Okay." I give Eijirou a look and he nods, walking away. I grab Izuku's hand and bring him inside.

"Is something wrong?" He leans against the wall. I stood on the opposite side.

"Izuku, I know about one for all."

His eyes widened with fear and shock. "W-What?"

"That's right. She knows everything." All Might interrupts. Izuku looked back at me and All Might, "But, how?!"

"Midoriya, I was good friends with her mother, Element. (Y/N) is like a daughter to me. I trust her, so I told her."

I nod in agreement. Izuku looked at him hand, "Oh, well, I'm actually glad you know. None of the other students know, not even Kacchan."

"I know that. I promised not to tell anyone, especially him."