We Are Brothers

Cr: art from ig; narusasu.sasunaru

Here comes another chapter.
Hmm, I realize I really do like to make my pair suffer after all.😈

                            ——🍥🍥🍥——
It has been a month since Naruto finds himself leaning against the wall of the smoking area in the police station and enjoying smoking. It was the only thing for him to keep his mind away from the constant image of someone popping inside his head. He feels so helpless and he can't find peace with himself. The pressure from his life makes him want to take the easy way out.

"Hi!" He greets another person who comes to smoke as well. The person nods at him and lights up his cigarette.

                    Naruto also took out his cigarette pack because his pause hasn't ended yet. There was only one left, he lighted it up and enjoyed it to the fullest. He crushed the pack and throw it in the trash bin.

"Good work!" He greeted the other person who come after him before he left.

                    It has been this way he spends his time lately. He wouldn't interact with others and would come and smoke the cigarette till there is none left in the pack. Then he would go back and work without resting until his shift ended. Today he was on duty to take patrol over the main city for the last time for the night.

"It sure is lively although it's only Wednesday." The person sitting beside the driver's seat said while looking outside from the window of the police car.

"How can they go to school after staying so late at night?"

"Well, it seems they are more alert. Teenager nowadays, that is." Naruto said with a faint smile.

"Wow, you talk like an old man." His colleague said and slapped Naruto's shoulder jokily.

"And you are only 26. Please take note of an old man like me."

"Hahaha. You ain't that old either." Naruto laughed as the person beside him laughed along before both of them went quiet immediately when the police radio peeped.

"Calling for police on patrol near XXX street. We get alarms from people saying there is a fight going on with a group of teenagers. Please head there those who are near."

                    Naruto and his colleagues looked at each other worriedly. Because the said street was just ahead of them Naruto picked up the radio phone on the car and answered the call.

"Unit XXX here, we'll be on our way there."

"Hope it's not a big fight." Naruto heard his colleague say and nodded in agreement.

                    It didn't take long before Naruto pulled their car on the side of the road and jumped out from there as he saw a group of young people fighting. People who were looking at the fight stepped away when they saw the police car.

"Hey, stop the fight now." Naruto's colleague tried to part the two people by going in the middle as he shoved them to each side.

"Let's talk, okay?" Naruto said while he grabbed hold of the guy that almost landed on him when his colleague shoved them away.

"Fighting wouldn't solve the problem. So, what is going on?"

                    The guy yanked his hand back madly, looked at Naruto with bull eyes but calmed down when a girl grabbed his arm.

"My boyfriend isn't the one at fault. That guy molested me first." The girl said and pointed angrily at the one Naruto's colleague asking questions to.

                    Naruto turned at that said guy and his two other friends, he saw how the guy make a face and shrugged in provoking attitude. Naruto grabbed the hand of the guy who had been provoked again to stop him from going to the other one.