Nowhere Near Happiness

Cr: art from IG; soy.gaara

Please vote and comment if you like this fiction because right now my willpower is going down. The cause is my IG is being bombed with sasusaku which disturbed my writing. Believe me, I don't hate SS but I don't like them either.

But Hey, I know we SNS fans are strong so I will keep on writing.✌🏻

-----🍅🍅🍅-----
Sasuke could hear the sound from the television before he enter the house. He make his way toward his room but before that, he decided to peek in to see who was watching the television.

"It's already this late, could you at least lower the volume a bit?" He scolded when he found the blonde on the sofa, dazing.

"Sasuke? Ah, sorry." Naruto apologized while his hand grabbed the remote and lowered the volume as he was told.

Sasuke looked at the blonde whom he assumed was lost in wonderland and wasn't even aware of his presence or how loud the volume was. He wasn't even watching the television, to begin with.

"Turn it off if you aren't watching."

Naruto didn't say anything back but he did turn off the television and put down the remote on the table in front of him. He wasn't looking at the television anyway, he has it on just because it was so quiet when nobody is home. He watched Sasuke head to his room on the second floor and then leaned his head on the sofa, his eyes wandered toward the window. The sun had already set and the sky is changing for the night.

About 30 minutes later, Sasuke appeared once again in the living room where Naruto was still present. He was in his black comfy pajama pants and blue t-shirt, his toweled hair indicating that he just showered.

"Where is nii-san?" Sasuke asked while he sat down beside Naruto on the sofa.

"Itachi-nii hasn't come home yet. He said he will be out drinking." Naruto said while he took the fruit drink from Sasuke's hand.

"Thanks."

"Again?"

Naruto turn to look at Sasuke who muttered, it wasn't a question for him to answer, it was more like a complaint toward Itachi.

"What?" Sasuke asked when he caught Naruto gazing at him. He looked as if he wanted to say something.

"Nothing." Naruto said as he averted his eyes toward the television's black screen.

'Again. If you have anything to say, why are you keeping your mouth shut?'

Sasuke sip the fruit drink from his can and looked indifferent. It wasn't the first time he caught Naruto watching him, he has been doing it every chance he gets, and when he asked him, Naruto would answer him with "nothing".

While the two sitting there in silence, they heard Itachi's voice outside and it didn't take long before two silhouettes appeared in front of the living room.

"Sasuke. Naruto. Aren't you guys sleeping yet?" Itachi asked while the other guest stood beside him.

Naruto's eyes wandered at the hand that is wrapping around Itachi's waist. He then looked at the owner's face and he can't seem to remember that he know the man.