Chapter 13: Sexy Lady

Start from the beginning

I grabbed my dark brown satchel shoulder handbag and headed out the front door.

My mom who was waiting in the car, rolled down her window and looked me up and down, squinting her eyes.

"What are you wearing? No, no, what I meant to ask was, why are you wearing that?"

I rolled my eyes at her and sat down, buckling my belt.

"Are you trying to impress someone."

I didn't say anything but shrugged.

My mother gasped. "Oh my god! You are! Is it for a boy? Because girl you've never looked so girly before! What's up with your hair!"

I smoothed my hair down. "What's wrong with my hair!"

"Nothing's wrong, it's just...down and wavy and nice!"

"Oh, it's nothing mom, I just felt like dressing up today." I shrugged again.

It was silent for about a minute until my mother spoke again. "It's for Alex isn't it?"

"What! No!" I said too quickly and defensively.

"Ah ha! It is! Why so defensive then? Hmmm?"

"I am not! Are we there yet?" I asked her hoping she would leave it alone.

Stupid Alex and his stupid face.

Once we got to school, I bolted out of the car and ran to my locker.

Jen was already there waiting for me. As soon as she saw me she whistled. "Damn girl! You look hot today!"

"Hey! I look hot everyday!" I smirked and opened my locker, shoving some of my books in there.

"I don't know, today looks different." She smiled but then frowned.

"Wait a minute. Are you dressed like this because of Alex? Because I already told you to ignore him. He's having problems with his dad and he's taking them out on you." We were walking to class already.

"No! This is for me, not for Alex. I don't care if he thinks I'm ugly! I know I'm not." I lied, it was partially for Alex. I couldn't stand him thinking I looked like shit. I knew I didn't but it just made me so angry.

"Good." Jen said and then dragged me to class.

***

Lunch time was finally here! Time to show Alex he had nothing to make fun of today.

This time, I dragged Jen to the cafeteria, excited to be there.

We walked closer to the door of the cafeteria and I swear my mouth automatically turned into a smirk. Alex is gonna lose!

Jen opened the door and I stepped in feeling sudden chills go down my back. I felt strange, like someone was behind me.

Just as I turned my head to look back, a tray full of spaghetti hit my face with a loud bang. I fell to the floor from the sudden impact, and groaned, clutching my broken nose.