Chapter 12: Unexpected

>>Pic of Olivia<<

Third Person POV

     Nico stayed silent as she heard footsteps heading this way. She could only hope it was finally the enemy. The small space under the desk was definitely not her favorite place to hide, especially with someone's legs so close to her face. But what could she do? Faye decided for her to be doing this job since she was the smallest. Faye had also said it was because Nico had the sharpest memory out of all of them. She would be able to remember the conversation between the receptionist who is helping us, Mrs. Cote, and Olivia with no difficulty.

     The receptionist personally went to her boss to ask if she could switch with the person on night duty. Thankfully, that went through without too many problems. So now, Mrs. Cote is here at the desk, ready for Olivia. It was approximately 5:30 am, and the sun should be just beginning to rise. It wouldn't be a surprise to Nico if the person who came just now was Olivia.

     "Good morning. Is there something I could help you with?" Mrs. Cote asked the person who came. Nico couldn't tell whether it was Olivia or not, for they told Mrs. Cote to treat her as any other customer when she comes down to the reception. We wouldn't want Olivia to be suspicious of Mrs. Cote, now do we? "My booking is is over. I was told to tell the receptionist to sign me out before I leave," a female voice replied. Nico's hopes rose. She was almost certain it was the redhead.

     Slowly getting impatient, she clenched the little black device she had in her hand. It was a simple receiver that Faye handed out. There were only two functions - one to press a button so that it will send a signal to the other receivers, and the other that lights up when you get a signal from another receiver. They decided that the first signal would be sent by Nico when she confirms that Olivia had made it to the reception. The second one would be sent by either one of the other two who were at the front and back exit. And that would be the signal for them all to move.

     "Yes. Please give me your name and room number," Mrs. Cote politely asked. "Olivia, room 103," the lady answered. Nico smirked and pressed the little button her thumb had been resting on for so long. "Alright. You are free to go. Thank you for choosing Star-Round Hotel." Mrs. Cote's voice chirped. "Have a good day," Olivia said before Nico heard the retreating of footsteps. 

--

     Faye pressed herself against the roof of the hotel so that anyone passing by wouldn't see her. The roof wasn't completely flat, but it had a little wall surrounding it, so that if Faye was low enough, no one would see her. She glanced down at the receiver in her hand, the little red light signalling that Olivia had finally arrived.

     She ducked her head when she saw a boy and his father approaching. The boy giggled and ran to the towards the hotel. "Woah, watch yourself, child," a slightly familiar voice said. Olivia, Faye thought. She heard Olivia's voice when she was fighting.

      "Sorry, please pardon my son," apologized, who she presumed was the father. "I'm sowwy," the cute little voice said. "Teach your kid manners. You don't run into a store/hotel. And seeing him so excited when it's super early just makes me more tired than I already am," Olivia snapped. Faye clenched her fists. You go learn some manners before you start telling other people to. There's something called forgiveness, if you didn't know. Faye thought angrily. She didn't like how Olivia got so mad at the kid for such a simple reason. Oops, he bumped into you. It happens. Forgive and forget. And it's a little kid for crying out loud!

     As soon as red hair came into view, Faye was certain it was Olivia. She clicked the button on her receiver and softly jumped off the roof when her target was a safe distance away. She followed discreetly and noticed that Nico and Axel were out and on her trail too. She sighed in relief and carefully followed the woman. If all goes well, they'll have caught the group by lunch.