23. SAY IT LIKE IT IS! (edited)

Start from the beginning

"He's doing great, well that was until Precious called us and told us about your little episode. Felix if you can't handle it you can just—"

"Mom for the last time, I can. It was a little slip up; you're acting as if I'm on drugs"

"Well are you?"

"Mom of course not, where do you get these ideas anyways?"

"Well as old as I am I'm smart enough to know that if it isn't work stress then it's definitely a woman. I want you to know that, it is okay to fall in love and get a little soft. It shows that you have a heart"

"But dad—"

"But nothing! You are more like your dad than you would ever dream. I'll be leaving, the party is tomorrow and since you're doing quite fine be there at eight. Bring a date"

"And if I don't have a date for tomorrow?"

"Either you find a date or I will find you a woman and we all know how that usually turns out"

She was right, my mom was right. There is was just something about girls with too much hair extensions, fake tans and over powering perfumes that made me sick to my stomach.

"Bye son, see you at my party"

She gave me a kiss on my cheek and she left me all by myself in the kitchen, planning ways to get out of this dilemma.

**********

I watched as Cindy moved gracefully around the house, cleaning every speck of dirt. Everything she did caught my attention; the newspaper I have been trying to read for the past hour was useless. The movements of her buttocks in her uniform, made me want her. Perhaps I should buy her a new uniform, a bigger one that hid all her curves.

"Mr. Felix, are you going to read that?"

"Oh that! Sorry my mind was— Occupied"

"Um, do you need anything sir?" And that got me thinking

"Yes I do need something from you" She stopped what she was doing and stared at me. Her eyes widening open, her mouth pressed, wanting to speak.

"And what would that be sir?"

"I need a date. Not just any date, I need a date who would accompany me to my mother's party tomorrow"

"Okay do you have anyone in mind?"

"Yeah Cindy, I have someone in my mind. I'm just not sure if she'll come with me"

"Of course she will, who wouldn't? What's the occasion?"

"Well there's no occasion really, that's just my mother. She's never needed a reason to waste money"

"Oh well, I hope you enjoy the party but you should definitely ask the girl out, you might get lucky" I placed my newspaper onto the table, just so that I could look at her closely.

"So Cindy would you be my date to my mother's party?" I asked her and her eyes grew wider, clearly astonished. Standing on the same spot and not moving or showing any indication of a simple answer.

"But, but sir. Wouldn't you prefer taking someone that works with you? You know a coworker you take Ellen, she's so cheerful an—"

"And annoying, with an annoying laugh that screams i–want –to –be–liked–by –everyone"

"Or you could take Sharon, she's great with people and—"

"Has an amazing ability to see herself as the most important person in the world" I finished off.