21. OFFFICE SECRETS (edited)

Start from the beginning

I stood up from my office chair and made my way towards my mother; I held her hands in mine and smiled down at her.

"I forgive you. Yeah you made mistakes but you loved me and you gave me the best childhood you could possibly give me"

She touched my checks and smiled at me, a teardrop fell from her eye and she wiped it away.

"Oh and son don't tell your dad I cried, I don't want him to think that I'm a softy"

We both laughed it off and before I could walk her out, there was a knock at the door. I clearly remembered telling my secretary that no one should disturb me unless the world was ending.

"Come in!"

There she was, walking into my office with her picnic basket. Time froze; I had forgotten that my mother was with me because everyone and everything disappeared.

"Good afternoon Mr. Martini and good afternoon to you madam"

*********

Cindy's POV

I walked into the room and there he stood, holding onto some older woman's hands, I greeted them both. Felix just stared at me and the older woman smiled at me, her smile reaching her eyes. Her hair was blood unlike Felix's dark brown hair. She moved away from Felix and came closer to me.

"Hi and who might you be young lady?"

I placed the picnic basket onto the floor, I stretched my hands to shake her and she kindly took it.

"My name is Precious; I work for Mr. Martini as his house help"

"Munchkin—"

"Mom please!"

"Anyway, my son never told me anything about having a help, which isn't surprising since he never bothers to call"

"I'm busy and you know that mom" Felix quickly trying to defend himself.

"Anyways I'll be on my way and Precious please make sure that my son brings this mysterious girlfriend of his to my party this Saturday. Goodbye".

I nodded my head in agreement and she walked out, leaving Felix and me alone in the office. The atmosphere was dense and the silence was killing me.

"I brought you some—"

"I'm not hungry" he replied. More silence as he walked back and sat on his office chair and typed away on his laptop.

"Are you seriously going to be like this?" I asked Mr. Felix and he looked up from his laptop.

"Be like what?"

"You're so childish and unreasonable!" I scolded at him, not caring that he was my boss.

"I'm not childish Cindy, you are. What we shared last night was beautiful, you cannot deny that and even if you do not want to admit. There's a chemistry you have to at least admit that you felt something"

"Yes I felt something Felix, but it doesn't mean we have to act on it"

"Wait, say that again"

"I said that, yes I felt something—"

"No! Not that"

"Then what?"

"You called me Felix" He looked like a kid in a candy store with all that wonder in his eyes.

"Don't you get it? You called me Felix and not Mr. Felix"

"So?"

"You don't get it Cindy. Every little thing you do catches my attention. Every humming noise you make, the way you sway your hips when listening to music to how you call my name" He moved closer to me and placed both his hands on my hips and he drew me closer to him, without hesitating my body obeyed him.

His lips crashed onto my lips and like a fire both our bodies heated. My hands around his neck and he lifted me from my butt and my legs wrapped around.

"Felix, Felix someone, someone might come in"

"Oh. Let us just, let us just lock the door. I need you Cindy, please, just please" Mr. Felix begged me, clearly out of breath but fighting to get the last words out.

"But we can do this at home" I tried to explain to him but he was not having and I clearly losing my mind making all those suggestions.

"Noooo if we get home you won't let me touch you" Mr. Felix explained and it was a valid point indeed.

He kissed me neck and my neck drew itself back. I moaned his name as his hand made its way beneath my top, touching my breast.

"Yes Felix! Yesssss!" I moaned, not caring who heard me. There was an in unlocking of the door and not long, his PA walked in on us.

"Excuse me Mr. Martini— oh goodness! I'm so sorry" she apologized as her eyes landed on both Mr. Felix and me.

Felix and I hurriedly pulled away from each other, both of us with our cloths revealing our nakedness.

"Get out damnit!" he yelled at her. His secretary quickly left his office, leaving Felix and myself in an awkward silence. I began buttoning my top and Felix made his way towards me trying to touch me.

"Don't!"

"Cindy please, do not let that little incident ruin everything. Let's just—"

"Let us just what? Go back to kissing each other and undressing each other on your desk, until your secretary walks in on us again?" I asked him as anger clouded my judgment.

"It was a minor incident"

"You don't get it do you? If I was your secretary and I walked in on my boss kissing his house help I would think different!"

"Why don't you enlighten me Cindy? What would you think?"

"I would think that she's probably some desperate tramp wanting to get a piece of the big apple and she wouldn't mind the boss screwing her brains out on his office desk!"

"That's ridiculous! How do you know that she's thinking that?"

Trying to hold back my tears but I could not, like a dam breaking its banks, they just flooded.

"Because it's how people are Felix! We cannot be together. Standing next to you, I will always look like some street girl. Before you assume that I am just imagining it all, I saw the look in her eyes. Sometimes that is all you need. Goodbye Mr. Felix"

I picked up my jacket that lay on the floor; I then put it on and tried fixing my hair. However, none the fixing in the world changed what had happened between us in that office.

Every person that walked past me on my way out made me feel guilty, every smile shot my way felt as if they knew everything that Felix had made me feel... Everything I now wished I had not felt, because now all I wanted was Mr. Felix, all over me.