"I don't think she could make to much damage." he replied.

"I could take you." I said, defending myself. "Give me a time and a date, I'll be there. Or are you too scared?"

"I am not afraid of you." he answered while rolling his eyes. "I would like to see you try."

"No, I would like to see you try." I replied. He just smiled and shook his head.

"You two, shut it! We don't really want to listen to your lovers quarrel." Anniella snapped, but the mischief in her eyes told me she was just joking. "Us apparently dead but not dead siblings need to catch up, and we don't need your interruptions. Go make out in one of your room and let the adults talk."

"No one is kissing or even leaving this room." Dad said, sounding protective. This made just about everyone in the room laugh. After a few seconds the room quietened. 

I watched as everyone else in the room spoke or did their own thing. Lucas put an arm over my shoulder and I lent in towards his warmth. Tonight had gone well in my mind, when I thought about everything that could have happened. I felt Lucas start to run his fingers through my hair and I closed my eyes. The sudden urge to sleep consumed me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I yawned and rubbed my eyes, then opened them, I realised I was no longer in the lounge room. Instead the white abis, that I had become acustom to, was all that surrounded me. Two familiar faces were staring back at me, both looked unsure.

"Hey there." Renee greeted me.

"Hi." I replied. "Is something wrong?"

"No." Anthony answered. "Why would anything be wrong."

"You both seem a little bit off." I told them. They looked at each other, and it seems like they were having a silent conversation.

"This is the last time we will ever see you." she blurted out, then put her hand over her mouth.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused to what was going on.

"Seriously Ree, you can't keep a secret." he sighed. There were a few seconds of silence before he looked me in the eye and started to explain. "You know how this is kind of a nothing, just empty space that seems to go on forever. Well, if Renee and I are here it doesn't effect us in anyway, but when you pop in and 'vist' it isn't the safest thing to do. If you are here for too long, there is a possiblitiy of become stuck and never been able to leave. You are currently unnaturally close to death, and that isn't really healthy. Just look at how your body reacted the first time you were here, your heart stopped beating and it could do that again at any moment. This isn't a normal thing to be able to do amoungst supernaturals. So there is no telling if it is like a muscle and each time you are with us it becomes stronger and easier to do, or if it is like a rubber band and it will only stretch so far without breaking. Niether of us want you to get hurt or worse, so we're not going to let you come back here."

"You make it sound like I can control it. It just happens sometimes when I fall asleep." I said. "I was taking a nap only a few hours ago and nothing happened, there has to be something or someone in charge of this because I most definitely am not."

"This is a push and pull connection. You want to have to see us and vise-versa." Renee informed me.

"So I'll never see you again?" I asked, not sure if I really wanted the answer to the question. Both nodded and looked away from me. "I'm going to miss you guys, I only really just got used to this." I paused. "You're my godparents, you promised my parents that you would look after me." I tried to ignore the tears that were beginning to fall from my eyes.