Chapter 7

Lucas's POV

I couldn't believe that she had just jumped up and run out the door. I had just tried to convince dad to let her stay, and she just left. 'I guess I'll see you around', what the hell did that mean? I was gobsmacked for a minute, as my wolf yelled at me.

'Get your goddamn ass out there and find her!' he growled. That was followed by a bunch of words that should never be repeated.

I ran out the door after her. She was only maybe two minutes ahead of me, so I should be able to catch up with her. I sprinted, my feet moving quickly quickly beneath me. I could just see her in the distance. Before I knew it I was right behind her, grabbing her arm and pulling her into a tight hug.

"Why did you leave? Who's trying to hurt you?" I asked as gently as I could. She lifted her head and looked at me. I could see where the tears were running down her face. She didn't reply, but moved her face closer to mine. I could feel her warm breath against my skin. Then her lips touched mine. I guess you could say I was confused, ecstatic and caught off guard at the same time. My wolf was howling with joy. I kissed her back and pulled her closer to me. Her lips were so soft and gentle against my own.

She broke the kiss after a few seconds and let out a shaky breath. "I'm sorry." she whispered. "I shouldn't have done that." She tried to take a step back, but my arms around her waist stopped her.

"You're right." I replied. She tilted her head up and looked into my eyes. "I should have." Her cheeks went bright red and she stared at her feet. I smiled at her nervousness. I gently dragged my fingers down the right side of her face. She shivered slightly at my touch. I bent my knees, so I was at her eye level, saying, "Hey, look at me."

"I'm scared." she whispered, barely audible. I watched as she took a step away from me, then span on her heels and ran away.

I let her. Well not exactly, I was just left there dumbfounded. Was she scared of me? What did I do to make her feel that way? If it wasn't me, then who? Or what. My wolf was growling at me to chase after her, see what was wrong, but I knew even if I did there wasn't much I could do. Slowly I made my way back home. As soon as I walked through the door I regretted not going after her. Now I would just worry about her safety. I was all jittery, I ran up to my room, and just paced back and forth.

After an hour of wearing down the carpet I decided to go for a run. I stripped and changed into my wolf form. Leaning forward I stretched out my hind legs. Then I darted through the house and out the door, into the woods. I thought I heard someone call out my name but I just ignored them and kept going. My paws were moving quickly beneath me. I wasn't going anywhere in particular, I was just going wherever my legs leaded me. Trees passed me in a blur. The sun was up high in the sky, so it was about eleven or twelve. I slowed, not because I was tired I could run for hours, but because something caught my attention. The smell of vanilla and strawberries surrounded me. I sniffed the air cautiously. Only a few seconds later I saw a girl sitting down, with her knees pulled up to his chest.

'Mate!' My wolf howled at the sight of her.

'Kayla, what was she doing out here?' I thought as I walked closer to her. Some dried leaves under my paws rustled. She lifted her head, her eyes were red and puffy and opened in shock. I paused where I was, waiting for her reaction.

"Fluffy?" She sniffed, I almost growled at the name. I took that as an invitation to approach her. I curled up at her side, whimpering slightly because I could see that she was in pain. She ran her fingers gently though the fur on my back. Her touch sent little shocks down my spine. I rested my big head across her lap and let her scratch me between the ears. There was a somewhat awkward silence between us. She didn't say anything or make a single noise. I rubbed my muzzle against her palm. Everything was going well until a voice filled my head.

'Son, rogues have been spotted in our territory, I need you to check it out.' Dads voice ordered strongly.

'But Dad, can't someone else do it, I'm kind of busy.' I whined in reply.

'Lucas! I do not care what you are doing! I need you to check this threat. It is on the south-west border.' He told me forcibly. 'Son, please just go see if there is actually something there now.'

I let a small growl out of my lips as I stood up. Kayla stared at me. I shock my coat, then started to walk away. I didn't want to leave her, not by herself, but I had to. I quickly picked up speed. If there were rogues in the area that could be bad. Rogues were wolves that either left or were kicked out of their pack. Not all were bad, but some were relentless killers that murdered people for the fun of it and that made me hate them. There were some exceptions. Wolves that had run away because they were been abused or whatever.

As I neared the south-west border I caught an unfamiliar scent, then followed it. There were two of them, that much I knew. I guess that they had come through here in the last ten minutes or so.

Quickly I followed their scent to an abandoned part of town and was shocked by what I saw. A female wolf and a young male. The male was on the ground, his body jerking backwards and forwards with foam coming out his mouth. I quickly looked at his body. He had patches without fur, blacked burns that contrasted with this light yellow fur. I knew what was causing this and I didn't like it one bit. The female was whimpering and stood over him, she had burgundy coloured fur, she had less noticeable burns. I noticed that both of them were extremely skinny, I could see their ribcages easy, they had next to nothing meat on their bones.

A sight growl escaped my lips. I wasn't trying to be threatening, I just wanted them to know I was there.

'Father!' I called out though the pack mind link.

'What?!' he growled back angrily.

'I need the pack doctor here stat.' I replied. 'I'm five miles from the western border.'

'Why?'

'The rogues, it's silver poisoning.' I told him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUN-DUN-DAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

hey everyone, this was all supposed to be in chapter six but I wasn't sure so I made it a different chapter, plus the last one was short so heres a little more to read you (if you're like me) bookworms

<3 KdThErAnDoMoNe

Ps. I would just like to shout out JellyBear25 for being awesome and really helpful with stuff sometimes, I guess....... so what I'm trying to say is, thanks for being a great friend :P