Chapter 26

Sorry my updates have been so far apart, I should be updating once or twice a week for the next few weeks, hope you like this chapter, please tell me what you think

Kayla's POV

When I woke up all I saw were white walls surrounding me. I didn't even remember falling asleep. After looking around the room slowly I went to sit up, but my body felt groggy and hardly moved. There was a slight pain in my lower stomach, but it was nothing like I remembered having before.

"Ah, finally you are awake." I heard a bubbly voice say. I looked to see who had spoken and saw a middle aged woman standing in front of a door, which I hadn't noticed before. She had long, burgundy coloured hair, that was tied up in a high ponytail, and eyes that seemed to be violet. "Now you might be feeling a little drowsy, but that is completely normal so don't panic."

"Where am I? Who are you?" I asked. My throat were a little sore.

"My name is Faith, I'm the pack doctor. You are in what we sometimes call lockdown." she answered. "Just a few hours ago your body was beginning to go through heat. But you don't have to worry about that from now. We have dulled its effects so you shouldn't be in any serious pain."

"What's heat?" I replied, confused as to what it was.

"Oh, darling, hasn't anyone ever explained it to you?"

I shook my head.

"Well, then." she sighed as she walked closer to me. "Heat is something that happens to a female wolf after they are marked." She was rubbing her palms against each other. "It can be painful or uncomfortable, but your mate can push those feelings away through physical contact. You may feel some urges but I would just like to tell you that it is completely normal."

"Don't sugar coat it, honey." a deep voice chuckled. I saw a man around the same age as Faith. He had dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes, that held some mischief. "You will get really honry and want to mate, cough cough have sex, with your mate."

"Liam!" Faith exclaimed, her jaw dropped at his words. "Why would you just say something like that?" He smirked, amused at her reaction.

"You didn't appear to feel that way when you went through heat. How long did you last? Barely an hour before you were begging me. You said all you wanted was my..." he was cut off by her yelling, "Shut up!" and covering his mouth with her hands.

"Now, get out." she said, trying to regain her professional composer. He winked at her and walked out. She sighed and turned to face me. "That was my.... wonderful... mate. He never knows when to stop."

"It's okay." I told her. "He seems interesting."

'Yeah, he definetly is." she paused. "When I first met him at what turned out to be the worst concert I had ever been to, and that was just the music. One of my friends had dragged me along to it. There was the whole looking deeply into each others eyes. I remember panicking. Wondering if he would like me or not, what if he would reject me. I kind of freaked out." She sat on the edge of the bed, she looked lost in thought. "I ran away, basically hyperventilating and I didn't even know his name yet. See I used to be a member of the Lake Water Pack, and I was just in town for a job interview. He was in the White Dusk Pack and high in rank. The power he gave off, it frightened me. I wasn't that highly ranked in my pack, so I greatly feared that he wouldn't accept me as a mate. It seems kind of stupid, now that I look back at it." A dreamy smile appeared on her lips. "He ran after me, followed me to the middle of nowhere. I remember him grabbing my arm gently and pulling me towards him. His scent was, and still is, intoxicating. He didn't say anything for awhile, neither did I. We ended up lying down next to each other on the short grass together, just staring up at the sky. He turned his head to look a me, and I remember blushing. I will never forget his first words to me. He said them as he looked back up. I quote, 'There aren't any stars in the sky, it would be better if there were. But I guess they are no longer needed, as you will become my star. Someone that I will look at in awe and make wishes upon, the person who will shine and provide me with light, the one who always be there for me. What is your name my beautiful mate?' My cheeks were bright red then, all I could do was quietly whisper my name to him in response." she paused then looked at me. "I'm sorry I should stop talking. I must be boring you with my life story."