Chapter 13

Megan

I woke up Thursday morning and got dressed. I went down to breakfast, before Alex left for the office—I wouldn't see him all day. I ran downstairs and he, Chance, and Brandon had all left early to take care of some business.

"Good morning Avalon, I'm happy you're still here. What was so important that the guys had to leave at sunrise for the City?" I was extremely curious.

Something was definitely up . . .

"They were tight lipped this morning. Even my own husband, Chance, wasn't giving me any info. He gave me a kiss, and said he'd see me tonight. I think they are devising some kind of plan to end this whole adoption custody battle." I'm intrigued myself, as to what they are up to. The Corwin Brothers are not to be trifled with.

"I think they consider it's probably best if we don't know. From what you're saying." Now, I was thinking maybe I don't want to know.

"I have rehearsals at the theater today. I'm sorry, I can't keep you company. I'll see you tonight." Avalon kissed my cheek, and left out the door to the waiting SUV.

Great, now I'm really going to have a glum day, with everyone gone. I wish I could go to work. I miss The Coffee Bar. But I know it's safer for me to stay here.

I better stop feeling sorry for myself, and be happy to spend this terrific July day with my little girl.

Alex's Office (Corwin Development Corporation)

"I forgot to mention to everyone last night, that the psychologist will be getting in contact with all of Megan and Liliana's family, friends, and acquaintances. Basically that's all of our family, and I guess The Coffee Bar employees. Maybe even, Barbara." I shared with my brothers who were sitting in my office.

"Brandon, lay all of our options on the table. We've got to end this. I can't take living like this anymore." I paced up and down in my office, thinking.

"I personally think you stand a better chance if you and Megan get married. You can file for adoption of Liliana, as a married couple. She will have a mother and father, like she's wanted. And she'll be Liliana Corwin." Brandon sat back in one of the chairs in my office, folding his arms.

"I think Brandon is right, bro. You need to get married NOW, and file for adoption of Liliana Corwin. That alone—will carry more weight." Chance added his opinion, while putting his feet up on my desk.

"Actually, I've already considered asking Megan to marry me . . . just not this soon. But I get your point. We have to strike now, and bring the fight to Mr. McKay. He won't be expecting that." I rubbed my hand over my stubbled face.

"You two are already in love, and you love Liliana—so just do it. You can file for a marriage license today. You can get married twenty four hours from then, or this weekend if you want." Brandon declared.

"Okay, I'll get the license today. I don't have a nice ring for her. It's not the way I wanted to marry her, but we need to do this sooner than later. She deserves a nice wedding. I feel bad, depriving her of all that." I desired to propose in style to Megan, and take her on a beautiful honeymoon.

"Don't look at me . . . I proposed to Avalon at the Macy's Flower Show. It did make it on the news though—with all of the snap chatting, Instagram, and tweeting." Chance chuckled, and I threw a pillow at his head from off of my sofa.