Ѽ Bitter Sweet Ѽ

Requested by Zonahfandomforever

Zonah

Third

All the boys stumbled out of the van, walking across the path that was made for them, screaming and yelling erupted through the air.

The boys waved to their fans and touch a few hands before rushing inside so the security didn't have to hold them back.

It was only 80°F and the boys were fine in their normal tight black jean status, but for Zach, he was sweating and he needed to pee bad; which made no sense he used the restroom before the twenty minute drive.

Zach just assumed it was the heat, burning  him in his all black outfit and he was nervous.

But prior to this meet & greet, Zach had been worse, he had headaches that ranged from painful to just a low buzz. The boys also noted that he was losing weight, but they didn't know, it was dropping increasingly low.

He had urges to eat everything, he would have never had ate prior. He drunk a lot of water, but there was also the surge to get more and something more fulfilling. He had been sleeping more than usual.

But, he sucked it up for the fans, because they paid to see them meaning all of them.

As they finished up the last few fans, Zach's vision started blurring in and out, his heart rate increased. The fan wrapped her arms around the sick boy's frame squeezing too tight on his stomach.

Zach groaned in pain after the fan, let go, she frantically asked "oh my god! Are you okay? Did I hurt? Oh my it wasn't intentional" the girl, then started for the boys to come over.

Black.

Was all Zach saw after seeing the concern etched on Jonah's face.

The boys all sat in the hospital bed talking to the now conscious boy. Jonah was holding Zach's hand in reassurance. They were interrupted by the room door opening.

"Hey, Zachary Dean Herron?" the doctor, whose name tag said; Dr. Dunbar.

"Yes" Zach said, squeezing nervously on Jonah's hand. The doctor nodded, shutting the door.

Dr. Dunbar's eyes scanned over the four non-sick boys. "Okay. Well we have your diagnosis" he stated at the end of the bed looking at Zach nervously.

"You're starving yourself" the doctor stated simply but it was more complex than that.

All the boys gasped, shaking their head in bewilderment.

"No, I am not" Zach interjected annoyed at the dumb accusation of the young doctor.

"Yeah, we already thought that and watched his actions and they came back negative" Corbyn said matter-of-factly looking at the doctor. Zach looked at Corbyn weirdly before looking back at the doctor.

The doctor felt smaller under the slight glares. "No, you have genetic diabetes. Stage 1 to be exact also known as juvenile diabetes." the doctor stated, looking as if it wasn't the worst thing to happen.

"Diabetes? You just said he was starving himself" Jack said, confusion written all over his face.

"Well he isn't eating as much as his body wants him too, making his stomach chemicals digest his food quicker expecting more, but he is eating healthy so he is losing weight at a high rate." the doctor said before listing all the ways to help get better.

Jonah and Zach weren't the closest in the band. But, Jonah was like the mother of Why Don't We, so he had to take care of the boy.

Zach spaced himself from Jonah because he thought it would be too obvious that he liked him.

So, when Jonah started helping him, he was more nervous than the fact he just found out his body is starving itself.

Zach took a deep breath at the thoughts of being close to Jonah.

Jonah soon appeared in the room holding a cup of apple juice, for Zach to drink.

"Here you go" Jonah said, handing the cup over to Zach. Fingers momentarily brushing, sparks erupting through the two boys' bodies.

"Thanks but you don't have to do this" Zach said, taking a sip of the cold liquid.

"I know but you're one of my best friends" Jonah said pulling on his running shoes.

Best friends. Zach thoughts were going crazy, just friends, like it always will be.

Zach and Jonah just got home from a good workout. They went straight to the kitchen to fix a meal suitable for Zach's condition.

The two boys sat in quiet as the other boys played in the pool. After the food was done, Jonah made a plate for him and Zach.

"Here, you go" Jonah gave Zach the plate full of food. Zach head started pounding for some unknown reason, but he just brushed it off.

Half way through the meal, Zach felt the headache again, but this time it was unbearable.

After another bite of food. Zach was running to the bathroom, clutching his stomach.

Zach hunched over the toilet seat and throw up. Zach was violently shaking after throwing up.

"Omg Zach, what's wrong?" Jonah asked, worried as he ran into the room to see what happened.

Instantly regretting his choice seeing Zach shaking and as pale as a ghost.

Jonah cleaned up the mess. Jonah also helped Zach clean himself up and brush his teeth. Jonah carried Zach up to their room.

"What happened?" Jonah asked setting Zach on the bed.

"My head started hurting, but I ignored it. Then it came back, but this time it was worse, like a lot worse and I couldn't take it" Zach explained.

"The doctor did say you would've headaches". Jonah said.

"I'm sorry, you have to take care of me, just because I'm weak" Zach mumbled lowly, but Jonah still heard him.

"Don't say that about yourself. I choose to help you cause I love you and I don't want you to get hurt" Jonah blurted out.

Jonah instantly turned red from embarrassment.

Zach gasped. "You love me?" He questioned.

"I always wanted to tell you, but I love you more than I should" Jonah looked down at his fingers, playing with them.

"I love you too" Zach said. Gaining enough courage to pull Jonah into a kiss. That quickly turned into a make-out session after Jonah slipped his tongue into Zach's mouth.

One year later-

Zach's diabetes had gotten better and his relationship with Jonah was stronger than ever.

'Even those you don't expect can give you strength in a time of weakness'.