Chapter 24

Sage

Chapter 24

How did Calista know that we needed her help?  I don’t think I heard anybody mention it.  Did she … but that would be … impossible.

“Anything is possible,” Calista responds, answering my unspoken question.  “The lord Jesus once said, ‘If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to a mountain move from here to there, and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible to you.’”

Whoa!  Oh My God!  She can read my mind?  Backup.  What am I saying, mind reading?  Bullshit!  Mr. Utt is standing beside me.  Maybe he asked a question.  But that doesn’t explain how she knew we needed help.…

“Is it?  Is it really bullshit?  I’m surprised at you people.  Especially you, Sage,” she says pointing her finger at me.  How did she know my name?  “With what all ya’ll been through, I thought you guys would be more open-minded.  Mmm-mmm-mmm,” Calista says with a shake of her head in disappointment.

Calista looks back at Mar like she’s waiting for her to respond.  “What’s wrong, honey, cat got your tongue?  Now about George, he’s targeting you, correct?”  Mar nods her head.

F**k me!  She can read minds. 

“And you want to know why?”  Another nod. 

“You have a special gift Marimar.  You come from a family of spiritualist.  Your great-grandmother, Tita, possessed the gift of mediumship.  She was ‘A Daughter of Light’.  She helped spirits to cross over.  Your grandma and your mother both have always possessed the gift, but they denied it.  Now you and your sister possess the gift, more so you.”

“Me,” she says.

“Mmm-hmm.” 

Marimar looks over at Mrs. Utt for validation.

“She’s telling the truth, my Abuelita was said to be able to talk to the dead and she would help them cross over to the other-side, along with possessing some psychic abilities.  But my mother took after her father and her father was a skeptic.  My Mama said it was all nonsense and that I was to have nothing to do with it and she told my Abuelita that she was not to poison my mind with her lies.”

“See,” Calista says, “God has great things in store for you.”

Oh Lord, what am I getting into with this girl?

“Being ‘A Daughter of Light’ signifies that you are destined to be a light onto the world.  Both the physical and spiritual.  People and spirits will be attracted to you and ask for your help.  Light also attracts darkness and positive attracts negative.  That is why you may have noticed that you are always being followed by those who have a darker energy.  You need to be careful around those people.  They will continue to try and get closer and closer.  They desire to extinguish your light.”

“Someone just shoot me now and get it over with,” Mar interjects in her normal sarcastic tone.

Calista gives her a look like a mother correcting her child.  “Mar, you don’t have to worry about that.  God is protecting you.  You should know that.  You saw the angel down in the basement protect you,” Calista says.  What angel?  Mar nods in answer.  “All you have to do is ask for his help.  ‘Ask and you will receive; seek you will find; knock and the door will be open to you.’  Got it?”

“Not really.  I don’t get why George has a problem with me being whatever you just said?”

“You’re a ‘Daughter of Light’.  He despises you because he knows that you can cross him over.  Marisol is too little to be seen as a threat.  In case you weren’t paying attention when I was answering questions, I’ll run through some things for you again.