Chapter 20

Everyone in the tower- except for Autumn and Loki- are away on a mission a few days after Autumn and Loki's return. She thought it would be a good idea to have Rhodey over and work on wedding plans. And it is. Or, it was before they started working on the seating arrangement. They're sitting in the living room, name tags all over the floor, as they try figuring out who's sitting where. Loki's sitting up on their joint floor reading a book. He wanted nothing to do with wedding plans.

"Okay, Natasha obviously wants to sit with Steve but dad wants a table with just the Avengers." Autumn tells Rhodey. He nods and moves around name tags. She bites her lip as she studies the rest of the chart.

"So we put the Avengers here-" He points to the table by the door where he put their name tags. "-that way if they need to leave, they'll be by the door." Autumn nods. "Shit." Rhodey mumbles. "Natasha and Bruce are part of the bridal party and Tony wants a table with the bridal party." Autumn frowns.

"That's a lot of people at a table." She remarks. Rhodey nods. "Plus dad wants me and Loki with him and Pepper." Rodey sighs. "What if-" She starts as she moves around name tags. "-Pepper, dad, Loki, and I have a table to ourselves. The rest of the bridal party sits here." She moves those names close to the table with the Avengers. "Natasha and Bruce sit as close to that table as possible with Steve on the other side of Natasha." Rhodey nods. "Crap. Do you count as an Avenger?" Rhodey stops and thinks for a second.

"I don't know." Autumn sighs and falls onto her back.

"Why do they have to make this so complicated?" Rhodey laughs as he falls onto his back as well.

"I think it's just your dad making this complicated." Autumn groans. "Why don't we call it a day and wait for them so we can finish it together?" Autumn nods.

"That's smart." Rhodey chuckles as he closes the wedding planner. "Sorry, Rhodey, I thought this would be a smart idea." Rhodey's chuckle turns into a laugh.

"It was a good idea. We should've just stayed on centerpieces." Autumn laughs. "Go have fun with your boyfriend. Have protection!" Rhodey shouts as he moves to the elevators. Autumn covers her face in her hands.

"Rhodey!" He laughs. Autumn stands to watch him leave, brushing off some of the dust on her. "Gods, you're almost as bad as dad." Rhodey smiles and shakes his head before the doors close.

Autumn waits a couple minutes before heading up to her floor. Loki is still sitting in the living room when she walks in. She sets the planner on the counter before falling onto the couch next to Loki, her head on his lap. He chuckles softly as he runs his fingers through her hair.

"You said yes." He reminds her. She nods and rolls over to look up at him. "You agreed to all of this."

"I know, I know. But what exactly was I going to say? No?" Loki hums. Autumn sighs and rubs at her face. "Honestly I thought they'd be helping us with this shit and it wouldn't be so difficult." Loki chuckles. "Remind me about all of this when you propose." Loki raises an eyebrow as he flips the page in his book.

"Is that your way of saying no?" Autumn laughs softly. "And before I even asked! Am I that terrible of a companion?" Autumn shoots him a look. They both just laugh.

"That's not at all what I said and you kinda already asked." She holds up her hand; the promise ring catches the sun and reflects into Loki's eyes. He hisses so she drops her hand. "I'm just asking if you can remind me to at least help my maid of honor. And you will definitely help your best man." He smiles before leaning down and kissing her. "Which would probably end up being Natasha- or maybe Katie- because I don't have girl friends and yours would probably be John or Thor. You don't really have friends." Loki raises an eyebrow.

"I do to have friends." Autumn raises an eyebrow.

"The people you live with don't count." Loki frowns. Autumn giggles.

"I'll do my best to remind you." He grumbles. Autumn rolls her eyes and intertwines her fingers with his. "Did Rhodey leave?" She nods.

"Yeah. The seating chart was too complicated. Dad wants the team together but the bridal party at a table and, of course, he wants us together." She groans. "All too complicated. Why can't this wedding consist of twelve people?" Loki raises an eyebrow. "The team- minus dad but plus you- is six. I'm seven. Rhodey's eight. Sam, Fury, Hill are eleven. And John makes twelve." Loki stares at her. "What?"

"You're missing someone important." She furrows her brow.

"What? No I'm not." She defends. He raises his eyebrow higher. She stares at him until: "Happy!" She exclaims, eyes wide. "I don't think we even have a name tag for him." Autumn moves to grab the planner but Loki stops her.

"You can add him later." She pouts but doesn't move to get up.

"Where's John?" She asks. It's not like he lives here but he does hang around often enough that it's become odd to not have him here. Loki huffs.

"At his job." Autumn purses her lips. "Which I don't particularly like. It's risky and half the time he's doing it for the bad guys. Look at what happened last time he failed a mission."

"I'd rather not." Autumn mumbles. "But I've got the scars to remind me." Loki looks to her softly.

"Case in point." She rolls her eyes before patting his cheek.

"Look at you being all over protective on your son." He rolls his eyes. "All because of me." He sticks his tongue out at her. She giggles. "I love you!" Loki hums. "Hey, we're alone." She reminds. He raises an eyebrow. "Would do you wanna do?" He shrugs. "Wow. You're helpful."

"What would you like to do, Melody?" He asks in turn. She hums in thought.

"Why don't we watch a couple Disney movies? I got them for the Pixar marathon thinking we'd watch more than we did." Loki nods. Autumn gets up and puts Oliver & Company into the DVD player before grabbing a blanket and curling up with Loki. She presses play on the remote and the disc starts playing.

"What's the name of this one?" Loki asks.

"Oliver & Company." He hums. "It's about a cat and a dog that go on adventures throughout New York, I think. I've never seen it." He raises an eyebrow. She shrugs. "It looked cute! And it was all lonely on its shelf." He playfully rolls his eyes. "Just watch."

"But when will we get to one of your favorites?" Autumn huffs.

"After this one unless you aggravate me to death. We can watch Lion King." He raises an eyebrow.

"What's that about?" Autumn groans.

"Oh my gods, can you stop with the questions? You sound like a toddler!" She complains. He laughs but on the inside is beaming at the fact she said 'gods'. "It's about two brothers who are lions, obviously. One is the king and the other wants to be. The younger would do anything to get the throne even betraying. . . his. . . family. . ." She drifts off towards the end, eyes wide. Loki purses his lips in thought.

"Oh."

"We could watch something else if you want." Loki shakes his head.

"No. It's your favorite, we're definitely watching it."