Chapter 13

Even though they've barely gotten through half of the movies and Autumn hasn't made the pasta yet, Loki turns the television off mid way through the tale of a Scottish young redhead with a passion for archery. The raven must admit that these movies are cute and have a lovely storyline. But he's not turning it off because he doesn't like it; the two teens have fallen asleep. There's no reason to continue watching the movies by himself. So with a snap of his fingers, Loki sends John to the older raven's bedroom and picks Autumn up before heading to her bedroom.

He lightly sets her on her bed before pulling back the covers. Autumn curls up on her bed, her one hand gripping the sheets. She yawns as her eyes flutter open. Loki's taking his pants off right in front of her, already shirtless. She smirks.

"Happy birthday to me." She remarks. Loki looks to her before rolling his eyes. He steps into a pair of pants before pulling them up, now wearing green plaid pajama pants. Autumn whines and makes grabby hands at him.

"What darling?" Loki asks.

"Magic me into my pajamas please?" He nods and snaps his fingers again. Autumn is no longer wearing the shirt and sweatpants but a tank top and green plaid pajamas which mirror his own. "And sleep with me?" Loki laughs softly and slides into the bed next to her. She curls up next to him, her head on his chest. Loki presses a kiss to the top of her head as he wraps an arm around her. She closes her eyes and breathes him in; the smells of leather and books comforting her. "I missed this." She admits.

Loki's eyes soften and he starts playing with her hair. "I truly am sorry that I didn't find you sooner. There was nothing we could go off of." Autumn looks up and smiles slightly at him.

"Hey, I'm safe now. That's all that matters." He pouts. "I'm not going anywhere anytime soon." Loki nods.

"But you could've died." Loki counters. Autumn shakes her head.

"Let's not start this, it'll never end. C'mon, go to sleep."

Loki nods and gives her one last kiss before pulling the blankets on top of them. Autumn cuddles into his chest. The two take in one last moment together for the day before closing their eyes and drifting off into sleep. It's not the first time they've shared a bed and it certainly won't be the last. Due to frequent occasions of the two spending the night in the other's room, they both now have drawer space in the other's dresser. However it's mostly Autumn's floor they stay on so Loki has more space here than she does there.

~~~

Autumn sits on her couch watching tv, a blanket wrapped around her. She searches through channels absentmindedly and her eyes are beginning to gloss over. Vanessa, her mother, sits at a table behind her as she goes through the bills. Occasionally, the mother looks to her daughter and sighs. Her daughter's been sat there for days now- almost a week. Vanessa sighs one last time before setting the taxes down and walking over to Autumn. She leans down by her daughter and smirks.

"How would you like to go on a trip?" She whispers. Autumn looks over to her mother, her ocean blue eyes widening. Vanessa nods slightly like she's confirming it's possible.

"Really? Where to? With who?" Autumn asks as she sits up, the blanket falling off of her shoulders and bunching up on the couch.

Vanessa chuckles softly. "I'm thinking Rhode Island and, obviously, with John." Autumn smiles widely.

"When are we leaving?" Vanessa bites her lip and shakes her head.

"I'm not going." Autumn frowns.

"Why not?"

"We only have enough for two people." Vanessa tells her. Autumn starts to speak but the older woman holds up her finger, cutting the younger off. "I would much rather you have fun with your best friend than be stuck with your mother." The brunette frowns.