Chapter 6

Loki looks up at Autumn, his eyes wide. Tony and Fury start laughing their asses off. Autumn brushes her hands free of any remnant Loki may have left on her before turning and walking back to her father. With a cough that sounds more like a wheeze, Loki starts speaking.

"No, wait!" He calls out. "Don't go." Autumn turns to him, an eyebrow raised. "What-" He wheezes. "-What do you mean that was for your mother?" Autumn reproaches him, a sick smirk on her face.

"Oh didn't you hear?" She asks, head tilting to the side. He shakes his head, eyes wide with fear and panic. She leans closer to him. "You killed my mother." His expression falls, heart breaking. She nods. "You killed my mother when you tried taking over New York." She spits.

"Autumn is it?"

"Melody." She corrects. Both Fury and Loki raise an eyebrow. "My name is Melody which is what you will call me. Autumn is a name my mother used to call me. You lost all right to call me that when you destroyed my home and SLAUGHTERED MY MOTHER!" She explains, voice rising in anger when she gets closer to the end. Loki refuses to meet her in the eye.

"Melody it is." He promises. Her lip curls in mild distaste. "I am deeply sorry for destroying your home and killing your mother." He apologizes. She rolls her eyes. "I did not mean to cause so much damage."

"You tried to take over New York! Of course you meant to cause that much damage!" Tony shouts. Loki rolls his eyes before turning to the billionaire.

"Actually, I wanted you to follow me peacefully, so my plan wasn't to destroy the place I wanted to rule." Loki corrects. Tony squints his eyes at him but doesn't say anything else. The god's eyes flutter from Tony to Autumn. "Is the girl yours?" Autumn rolls her eyes again.

"Yes." Is all Tony says. He doesn't need to elaborate; especially not to the man that killed Vanessa. Loki scans every feature on Autumn's face almost as if he's trying to memorize it. She turns her face so he can't.

"I didn't know Stark had a child." He whispers. "Such a beautiful child at that."

Autumn snorts. "Neither did he." She states. "That is until you murdered her mother, forcing her to search for her father because she had no where else to go." Loki takes a step forward. Autumn raises an eyebrow. He takes another step forward. She watches him carefully, brushing a strand of her hair out of her face and knocking her glasses off in the process. Eyes widening, she tries to catch them but only makes it worse. Loki leans down and picks them up for her, handing them over.

"Here." Autumn cautiously takes hold of the glasses and sets them back on the bridge of her nose. Her eyes flutter, getting readjusted to being able to see, only she finds Loki standing close enough their faces are almost touching. "You can't see without those glass squares, can you?"

"N-no." She stutters out, suddenly less confident than she was before. She clears her throat, not knowing eye she suddenly can't talk straight. "No, I can't. And they're called glasses, douche-bag." He raises an eyebrow, choosing to ignore the insulting nickname.

"Good to know." He tries lifting his hands higher but fails due to the cuffs. He pouts at the cuffs before looking back into her eyes. She shifts uncomfortably. "You've got beautiful sapphire eyes."

"Th-thank you. . . Thank you." She shifts from foot to foot once more. Kneeing him in the diaphragm is one thing, but being this close to see every blemish upon his face is an entirely different one. She honestly didn't think their conversation would continue past her attacking him. She wanted her revenge and then turn back and leave. "Thank you for, for uh, the glasses." He smiles slightly.

Surprise!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें