asking ford

You saw him sitting at the kitchen table, his head in his hands, mumbling something to himself in a language that you were not capable of understanding. A sigh made it's way past your lips as you hurried over to the demon, gently tapping his shoulder.

"Not now..," he whined, the fingers in his golden locks visibly tightening their grip before he let them go to properly look at you.

"Are you alright?" He looked tired. Very tired, even though he had slept almost 24 hours.

"No I'm not. This whole thing with the barrier is seriously getting to me. More than it did during Weirdmageddon." Again he let out a whine, avoiding eye contact to stare at the surface of the navy brown table he was sitting at.

"Can't I just ask Ford to remove the barrier?"

"It's hopeless..."

"Bill, that doesn't answer my question."

"It does answer your question, it's hopeless, meaning that you can't ask him or don't have to--" he looked up at you and sighed before continuing-- "So I thought about another way."

"What other way?" You were a little afraid to ask, mostly because Bill's ideas weren't always good or..peaceful.

"I'll go back to the nightmare realm. That's the easiest way." With that being said he stood up, walking past you and heading straight to the bedroom without speaking another word. When you heard the door close you sat down where he sat before, your eyes a little wider than before.

"I really have to leave him?"

The thought alone made your stomach churn. You spent so much time with the demon that it was way too hard to just leave him. You couldn't do it.

Meanwhile, the demon was just as shocked as yourself about his idea. It was a spontaneous one, but now that he put more thought into it, he hated the idea.

"Yeah, as easy as it sounds," he mumbled to himself before dropping down on the bed, burying his face into a pillow and sighing deeply.

"This whole situation is so stupid."
He repeated that phrase quiet a few times, cursing in between and holding onto the pillow. It was just what he needed right then; a fluffy human thing that he could murmur his curses in. Though, being buried in that pillow did bother his broken eye. Or rather, the eyepatch.

"Stupid," he cursed yet again before sitting up and quickly untying the eyepatch, tossing it away before carefully opening his eye. Bill made an annoyed "tch" sound before going back down to his pillow.
He laid like that for quiet some time, until he suddenly heard the front door being opened and closed again. It made him jerk up, a pang of worry radiating through him for just a few seconds.

"What is she doing..?" Bill wondered out loud, closing both of his eyes again before a third one appeared on his forehead. Images were flashing before it, far too quickly for a normal human to make out even one of them, before it dissapeared again. He, yet again, dropped back down onto the bed and sighed.

"Why would you do that, (Y/n)...?"

You were on your way to the man that had the solution to the problem. You, more or less, ran over to the Mystery Shack to ask Ford as quickly as possible. When you arrived you knocked on the door, quiet loud one may add, until Dipper finally opened it.

"What the- Geez, (Y/n), what's wro-"

"Where is Ford?" Dipper tilted his head in a confused way, forcing you to repeat yourself.

"He's down in the basement. But why-"

"I need to talk to him. Right now," you said, pushing past Dipper and entering the Shack on your own.

"Where is that basement?"

"Wait a second, I can't just let you go there!"

"You can and you will. This is an urgent matter." Even though you were being quite rude to one of your friends, you didn't care at that moment. There were more important things to think about than your behaviour.

At the perfect moment, the vending machine suddenly moved, revealing a staircase, and Ford came out of it. He held a red book in his hand and a pretty old one at that. It looked quiet heavy, but nevertheless, you instantly went towards the man.

"Ford, I need you to tell me how I can get Bill out of this town."

"What?"

"Look, we can also search for a way where you don't have to remove the whole barrier, maybe we can just let Bill go through it!"

The older man sighed deeply, a hand coming up to rub his temple. You waited for him to say something, anything, as long as it could help you in a way.

"Look, I have quiet horrible memories with Bill and I don't trust him enough. I am very sorry, (Y/n)." Your eyes widened, and you felt your heart clench. You couldn't believe it. You didn't want to believe it.

"You're not sorry at all," you snapped back at him, looking down at the ground. Tears already made their way to your eyes, blurring your vision.

"This is so unfair."

"I really am sorry, please believe me. You couldn't trust him either if you knew what he did to me."

"Yes I could!" Your voice unintentionally came out in a yell, looking back up at the men with tears rolling down your cheeks.

"I could because I know that there's more to him than just pure insanity! Yes, he did a lot of bad things, but that doesn't mean that that's all he can do! I mean, he can even feel love! Just like we can!"

"Are you sure about that?" Dipper decided to speak up, making you look at him.

"Maybe he's just using you to get out of here."