betrayal

A golden chain was wrapped around his neck while he groaned in pain, his hand retreating from your throat and wrapping around his own, trying to remove the chain. His eye closed shut and his breath got heavier while the other end of the chain wrapped around your hand, but didn't hurt you like it hurted the demon.

It was the sign of being forcefully connected.

All of the sudden, Bill went completely silent, like something flipped a switch in his mind. He looked paralyzed.
You took your chance to stand up from the ground and take multiple steps away from him, the chain still connecting you two and getting longer with each step you took away from him.
You carefully touched your throat and flinched when it hurted you. Tears rolled down your cheek.

"You...wanted to get rid of me this entire time? After all I've done for you...? After all we've been through?", you asked, eyes brimming with tears. You tried so, so hard to keep them in, to try and hide the endless sorrow and despair you felt at that moment.
You felt so betrayed.

"I didn't...", Bill choked out, keeping his gaze fixated on the ground. You decided to take full advantage of the deal at that moment;

"Tell me the truth...Now...!". For a moment, the demon hesitated and just kept staring on the ground before he finally gave you the answer you wanted and needed.

"At first I wanted to trick you, but than I actually wanted to get along with it, so I kept the real deal a secret. I honestly didn't think that that stupid pinetree...would find it out.

Human beings can be just as insane as I am as soon as they have the right power. Some could say that I was...afraid that you would take full advantage of me and use me, control me to no end. I don't want to be controlled again.". You listened to him with wide eyes, taking in a sharp breath when he finished. Your feelings and thoughts were driving wild, you didn't know what to do. You wanted to run away from him and at the same time you wanted to stay with him.
Curse those stupid feelings.

"...but we could have solved this in a different way. Do you really have no trust in me...?"

"I do but-!"

"Apparently you don't.", you coldly interrupted him, turning away from Bill and making your way to the front door, leaving the demon on the ground without another word. As soon as you left the house the chain magically dissapeared, unnoticed by you.

The cold night air helped you relax and calm down from the rather scaring event that occurred. You aimlessly walked around, enjoying the silence that gravity falls had at night. At first you actually wanted to go to the mystery shack and just rant about how betrayed you feel and how much you hate Bill.

'I was scared'

Your mind concentrated on that one particular thing. Did you really hate Bill?
Even after what he did, the mere thought of him made your heart skip a beat or two. It was ridiculous.

'I don't want to be controlled again'

You soon found yourself in the forest, sitting on the gras and just starring into the night sky.

"Even after he kissed me and all that...I can't believe this...", you mumbled to yourself, hugging your knees close to your chest.

Meanwhile, Bill regained his composure and decided to sit down on the couch, starring at the white ceiling that was aboth him.

"Stupid pinetree. Ruining everything yet again...". He sighed softly, sharp tongue coming out to lick over his dry lips, chuckling softly. One gloved hand wandered up to his hair, brushing it back.

"What a mess...". Bill arose from the couch, his black cane appearing in his hand while he made his way out of the house as well, deciding to search for his favourite human being.

In less than a minute he found you sitting in the forest. Careful not to make a wrong movement he hid in one of the trees, looking at you, watching you.
He twirled the cane around in his hand, reading your thoughts.

The thought of Bill coming to you didn't raise up in your mind, so you kept concentrating on the chilly air and the calm atmosphere. You needed that moment to sort out your thoughts and think about everything.

The demon actually wanted to call out to you, wanted to explain the whole thing to you and win you back again. He saw the whole thing as an accident, while you saw it as a betrayal.

"Bill...", you softly mumbled, eyes closing and head relaxing on your knees. The sound of his name dancing on your tongue was like a symphony for him- even if it sounded pained at that moment.

That was when a thought hit him- he was a dream demon. A demon that can enter ones mind and dreams, mess around with them or do all kinds of things with them. Why not use his powers right than and there to get you back?

'(Y/n)...Doll...I love you~'

Your eyes widdened. Memories of him and you replayed in your mind all of the sudden. You couldn't stop them, they were playing almost automatically.
You felt the tears forming in your eyes again, hands coming up to furiously rub them away. You didn't want to cry again because of him.

"Bill I know what you're trying to do!", you suddenly yelled, causing Bill's visible eye to widden slightly.

"It won't work, okay!? You have to realize that you seriously fucked up this time and think about something else to apologize!". With that being said you stood up and ran away again, deciding to just stay at the Mystery Shack for one night. Bill watched while you left him behind again, mouth agape and eye twitching lightly.

"What..."