Back At Hogwarts

I stepped out of the fire place into Grandmother's office. Thankfully no one was there. Then I remembered the time change and realized everyone was at dinner. Perfect! I would have time to change into my Hogwarts uniform before anyone saw me.  I hurried up to the Gryffindor Tower and into my dorm. As I got dressed I sighed in relief that the uniform had long sleeves. The last thing I needed was anyone asking where I got a strange scar on my forearm from.

Once I finished getting ready, I headed back to The Great Hall where everyone was. I paused in front of the double doors bracing myself for what would happen when I walked in. I had randomly gone missing for a week and a few days. There was sure to be a reaction when I came back. I had promised myself I would dodge all questions and pretend nothing had happened. I still hadn't decided if I was going to tell Ron and the Gang yet. I took a deep breath and opened the doors silently. As I walked over to my House Table, I heard gasps and whispers. I ignored all of them and scanned the table for Ron, Harry and Hermione. I shared a dorm with Lav and Jazz, I could talk to them later. I slid into the seat next to Hermione. She was sitting across from Harry and Ron. I couldn't help mentally checking every person at the table for weapons.   I forced myself to stop.

"Kendra? Where have you been? We have been so worried. You did not answer any of our letters, and the Professors did not even confirm you had left!" Hermione demanded frantically.

"And what happened to your hair?" Ron asked curiously. Hermione hit Ron on the top of his head with one of her books.

"Did it have something to do with the Battle of New York?" Dean Thomas asked. the people sitting around The Trio had been listening curiously to our conversation. I choked on the food I had started eating.

"What?" I whipped around to look at him.

"Well you see my dad is a muggle and he saw on the news that New York had been attacked by this Norse God and a bunch of aliens. So he wrote me about it. Anyway since you disappeared around the same time the attack started and you are the only American at this school I thought it might have something to do with that." Dean explained. The others nodded like they agreed with his theory.  

"You live in New York. Don't you Kendra?" Fred commented. I nodded. This was not going according to plan.

"I went back home to make sure my family was okay. They were fine." I lied smoothly.

"That is great news."Hermione knew everything I was sawing was a lie, but was smart enough to play along.

"What happened to your hair?" George repeated Ron's question. I looked around and thought for a moment.

"I felt like a change." I fingered my hair thoughtfully.

"It looks nice," Harry commented awkwardly.

"Thanks." The conversation changed to Dean talking about what had happened in the Battle. Looks like SHIELD hd kept their word. Nothing was mentioned about a sixth person defending New York. The minute I finished eating I went up to the Tower. I couldn't stand to hear them talking about the battle like it was a piece of gossip. I knew it was unfair to hold it against them. They were across the country when it happened with no relatives in America. It wasn't real to them, but it was very real to me. Cho Chang stopped in as I was leaving and asked me where I was. I told her the same lie I told Dean. I left quickly telling her I was tired and needed to sleep, even though because of the time change I had only been up for a couple of hours.

I walked to the place I least expect. Instead of walking to the Tower I found myself standing in the doorway of Snape's office. Once I was there I realized why I came.

"Sir." Snape turned around to look at me. He scawled at me standing in the doorway.

"What do you need Ms. Barton?" He put down a potion bottle he had been examining.

"As I assume you know, I have been in New York for the past week and a half."

"Actually I didn't you. Your Grandmother and Dumbledore keep information regarding you private," Snape corrected. I blinked in surprise,  but covered it up quickly.

"Well I have, and as there is an eight hour time difference there. So I was wondering if you had a potion to help me fall alseep." Snape eyes me strangely.

"I do." He reached into a cupboard, grabbed a vile, and walked toward me.

"Drink the full vile and it will put you to sleep. I assume one dose is all you need to reset you biological clock." Snape raised an eyebrow and handed me the potion.

"Uhh thanks sir." I waved awkwardly and actually walked up to the Gryffindor tower.

I flopped onto my bed after getting ready to sleep. I got under the covers and opened the vile. I held my breath and dumped the contents down my throat. My eyelids  began to droop and before I knew it I was asleep.

The aliens claws dug into my arms, pinning me on the ground. I struggled and yelled, but this time I couldn't get free.

Suddenly I was in H.Q I looked up and saw my Dad aiming at my head. His eyes were cold as his hand hovered over the trigger.

I fired my gun four times and screamed when I saw the light go out of their eyes as their limp bodies got the floor.

Loki suddenly materialised behind Coulson and ran his septure through his heart.

I shot up in my bed breathing heavily. I was sweaty and tangled in the sheets.

"Kendra?" Hermione was hovering over my with a hand on my shoulder.

"What- what happened?" I asked shaking slightly. It was dark, obviously the middle of the night. I looked around and saw that the other girls were still sleeping.

"You woke me up when you were yelling and thrashing in your sleep. I could not wake you up." She looked at me with pity. Hermione sat down next to me.

"Kendra, what happened while you where gone? I know your parents were involved in the battle, but what happened to you?" Hermione asked.

'It wasn't what happened to me, it was what happened to others' I thought.

"I don't want to talk about." I layed back down.

"Are you sure?" Hermione put a hand on my shoulder. I rolled over.

"Go back to sleep Hermione. Sorry for waking you up." I felt her get off my bed. I wasn't sure if I was crying as I fell back asleep.

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《

Hey Everyone, Wow alot more updates then I expected to do today. Hope you all enjoy this.

Forever and Always

Me.