74

Trigger warnings ahead!!

Christopher Brown
After Robyn falls asleep, Chris manages to sneak out of the bed and downstairs with her phone.

"Hey what's up I'm Chris, Robyn told me she forgot something here earlier." I tell him as he opens the door.

"Oh uh come in." He invites sort of confused. "Yeah she wasn't feeling too good when she came home."

"Oh really? Hope she feels better."

"Yea same." I nod looking around the place a little more until I see a pill bottle laid over the counter. "These are pretty strong aren't they?" I ask him holding it up.

"Oh shit yeah don't touch those. Sorry." He grabs them from my hand. "My bad, man. I really just came by to see what you did to my girl." I laugh.

"Your girl? She didn't mention she had a boyfriend when we slept together." He thinks. "Are you sure?" He asks.

And with that I swing one punch into his nose hearing a crack. I push him to the floor angrily grabbing his shirt. "You drugged up my girl and raped her?"

"Not rape, she loved it. But basically." He shrugs and I know how high he must be. Blowing his head to the ground, he groans.

"I'm gonna fucking-" I say trying to punch him with all my strength.

Finally knocking him out, I kick him in the stomach a few times. But of course still feel unsatisfied.

Having blood all over my head from his face, I leave his house knowing I need to get back home to make to Robyn is okay.

Getting home, I wash my hands in the kitchen and take my shirt off before I got to the room.

I pick Robyn's body up from her side of the bed and put her in mine. "What are you doing?" She asks.

"N-Nothing I wanted you to be comfortable." I stutter. "Goodnight." I kiss her forehead feeling sadness, guilt, and anger. "I love you princess." I say.

The only time that I leave her is when shit like this happens.

Going into the bedroom, my emotions get the best of me and I start balling my eyes out. I haven't cried like this since I don't know when but I don't give a damn, my heart is completely broken.

First thing in the morning I have to call the doctor again so they can run tests to make sure she didn't get anything, or hurt anything.

Sitting on the edge of the tub, I start praying.

"Chris?" I hear Robyn's soft voice say. "Yes, princess?" I say holding my head in my hands.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" She comes to comfort me and I pull her into my lap and arms, crying into her chest. "What happened?" She asks with patience.

"Earlier, Z texted you. Saying some shit wear off in a few hours meaning he must've drugged you. You took anything from him?"

"He got me some water...cap was off." She sighs figuring out this puzzle. "I don't remember anything from then until calling you in the car. I swear." She looks off thinking hard.

"What else?" She asks. "I went to his house, found the pills. He admitted to drugging you. And raping you." I say no being able to look her in the eyes.

"He what?" She asks. "He raped you, Robyn. I'm so sorry. I should've never left you behind I promise I'll always be here to protect you. I-I ended up beating him unconscious. Don't even know if he's alive. I'm so sorry Robyn. I'm so so sorry." I hug her body tightly and she stays quiet.

"Tomorrow. I want you to make sure he's dead. Or I will." She stands from my lap walking off slowly. "Robyn wait." I say following her. "I want him dead."

"I want him dead Chris!" She screams with tears falling down her eyes. "This isn't the first time something like this has happened to me! I want him killed if he isn't already. I don't deserve this shit!"

"You don't baby, you don't deserve any of this. Just calm down. Please. We can talk it out and I'll handle the situation for you, okay? Just calm down." I repeat quietly pulling her to my chest.

"Can you tell me what happened the other time?"

"I was a baby Chris. He took advantage of me. I was about 5 or 6. Didn't know what was going on. Didn't realize it was wrong, always felt weird and uncomfortable but I didn't know any better. As I got older, it got worse. I've always and this great amount of fear when he came to thought. He took my childhood away." She shakes her head.

Letting it sink in, I feel even more confident with the fact that I'll do anything for this woman, no more what length.

"Who?"

"No, I can't tell you. I won't. It's an older cousin of mine but if I tell you I won't be able to sleep. I don't want to say it." She says. "It's okay. It's okay, come here." I tell her laying her on top of my body.

I let it go knowing I'll find out who it is one way or another.

"I want to take a shower." She mumbles.

After the shower, she gets into a bath, gets bored and starts washing up again. "

"I think you should talk to someone Rob." I say rubbing her arm. "I'm talking to you." She says with her eyes closed. "I'm not a professional."

"Yeah but I'm getting it all out when I talk to you."

"You get it out but you need to get something back, like real suggestions. What about your depression Rob? Why haven't you been on that? I didn't even know you-"

"I haven't been struggling with it lately. For months and months it's been fine." She tells me ending in a sigh. "And with the thing from my childhood. It's soft in my memory. I don't think it's been affecting my adult like. I don't feel it. I haven't thought about it. Nothing necessarily triggers it. That's why I felt like I moved on, because I have. I don't need to talk to anyone."

"It can feel like that. But just promise me you'll consider it in the future. Just keep an open mind." I tell her. "Chris I don't-"

"Robyn." I talk over her. "I promise." She lays her head in my chest gently. "I want to marry you. I'm serious as hell about it. I need you to be healthy because if you don't get to that point it'll drag the both of us down and I'm not letting that happen. You need to work with me no matter how far you think you are from being affected by these situations." I tell her looking in her eyes.

"Fine. I'll take this seriously. Us seriously."

"We'll get you checked out in the morning. Make sure nothing is...hurt. Or anything else." I tell her. "I didn't even think about that. I can't feel anything. I mean I don't know. Should I touch it?" She asks.

"Your coochie?" I ask. "Yeah I mean I don't know." She shrugs putting her hand in the water and jumps. "Shit." She says loudly. "It's bruised. Shit it really hurts to the touch." She grids her teeth.

"It's okay." I rub her hair feeling even worse.

"At what age did your depression start?" I ask as she starts to drain the water. "Around 14 or 15. Hard as shit I'll tell you that. Why?" She asks.

I shrug grabbing a towel. "I was 11. When they found out."

+

Talk about a rough chapter!!