57

Even

I look around really confused, did I miss something?

Robyn pulls Emma into her lap and she holds my hand under the table. "What happened?" I whisper in her ear but she tells me to hold on.

"So you guys are just gonna stare?" Her dad slurs his words, looking irritated. "What's up Dave?" He forced a sloppy hug on David.

"What's up?" Dave mumbled.

He was clearly drunk, walking to each of the siblings trying to greet them. It made the entire room quiet and awkward.

"Okay thanks for stopping by Calvin." Robyn's mother said in hopes of his visit being rushed out. He stopped and stared at Emma in Robyn's lap with a disappointed look on his face. Being that she wasn't his.

"And who's this?" He furrowed his eyebrows towards me angrily for no reason. "My boyfriend." Rob told him half as annoyed. "Name?" He spat the question.

"Christopher." I answered. He only responded with a laugh.

I smiled right along with him just to be an asshole.

A few minutes pass of Calvin going back and forth with Robs mother about leaving the house which no one wanted to step into since it wasn't too loud, we just kept eating. But we all kept an eye on it.

It was pretty awkward for me since it's not my family and I had no place to speak up so I just waited for it to end.

"He always comes back to check up on everyone like twice a year but he's always drunk. We don't say anything besides greetings or else it'll turn into a whole fight." Robyn whispers in my ear as the two of them step out of the room. She shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't find any part of me that cares about him anymore." She said nonchalantly as if it's been years. "He left about 8 years ago, as much as I wanted to mean something to him is as much as he means nothing to me now. I don't hate him but I just-" she shakes her head.

I kiss her temple, "you're fine, your siblings are fine, and we're fine, okay? Nothing to worry about now." I reassure her with a slight smile on my face. Of course it saddens me to see her talk about her own father like that but its not like she didn't have a reason.

As her dad enters the room, everyone stops talking again. "Oh now you all quiet huh? What? You don't want me here?" He slurred his words but kept his composure.

"Chris come on we're leaving." Robyn says and her father stares at her. "Okay." I say knowing she doesn't want to stay here another minute if she doesn't have to.

"Call me if anything, I don't live too far now." She sits Em on her sisters lap and says bye to everyone.

"Should I stay?" Robyn asks the same sister still thinking she has to protect everyone from him. "No go home sis, this isn't the first time we've done this." She shrugs.

"You ready?" Rob asks me and I nod my head.

Opening the front door, another guy comes in. "Hey where did you go?" She asks him. "To pick up Jay." He motions his hands towards a woman behind him and she greets her.

"Hey honey how are you?" Rob flashes a beautiful smile. "I'm fine, why're you leaving so early?" 'Jay' asks confused. "My dad's here and you know.." she shrugs and Jay nods.

"And you're Chris?" The guy questions. "Yes I am." I hold my hand out to shake. "Rich. Now this is my baby sister, I'm pretty protective over her, I'm not gonna give you a speech but please just treat her right." He says genuinely. "Always. Nice to meet you." I nod with a smile.

"Where the fuck you going?" I hear Calvin's voice from behind us and I immediately turn around angrily knowing who he's talking to.

"I gotta get back to work." Rob answers quietly as her entire demeanor changes in slight fear. "We have to go come on babe." I push her in front of me so I'm in between them.

He steps towards us and grabs her hand. "You not leav-" he snarls before I cut him off. "Get the hell off of her." I say failing at trying to be respectful at this point. "Who's gonna do something? You?" He laughs loudly and doesn't let go of her.

I roll my eyes already heated. I push his arm off of her and hold her hand myself. "Back up." I tell him since he's in my face. "You fucking with my sister now man? Back the fuck up." Rich laughs and pushes Calvin away.

And of course that leads to Calvin pushing back. I let go of Robyn's hand and get in between the two of them. "Yo you gotta go. Right now. I'm not even playing with you." I tell Calvin as he's still trying to swing his weak ass on Rich.

"A bitch just like your mother." He harshly tells Robyn as he's leaving the house.

I didn't even realize how easily it was for me to get angry when it comes to someone disrespecting my woman.

"I bet." She laughs without it phasing her one bit. He storms out of the house.

"Thank you." She breathes out a sigh. "You okay princess?" I pull her into a hug. I'm kind of disappointed in myself I even let her be in his reach but it's over now. "I'm fine." She hugs me back.

"We can stay if you want to." I rub her back a little. "How are you feeling?" She asks me.

And even though my head is pounding five times worse now, this is still time she can spend with her family so I'm not going to take that away from her. She's busy 24/7, she needs this.

"I'm feeling better baby." I smile. "Okay we don't have to stay too long. Thank you for being ready to leave as soon as I mentioned it." She laughs and kisses me. "Love you." I tell her.

"Love you too." She mumbles on my lips. Then we head back into the kitchen. Leaving me wanting to take her mind off of what happened.

++

Boring I know.

Happy New Years & next chapter coming in a few minutes? Hours? Idk.... I wrote that before I wrote this one.

BUT I NEED ALL OF YOU TO PLEASSE PAY ATTENTION TO IT BECAUSE ITS SUPERRR IMPORTANT!