9

Sledgehammer

I waited in my studio after I sent Rihanna the address an hour ago.

The meeting was just yesterday but the faster we do it the faster we get it over with. Also I'm a little happy to see her again.

I added a few more lines to this song and sang loudly trying to find the right flow for it.

"I hit a wall, I never felt so low"

I sang the first line three times trying to tell if it sounds better in a whisper, or the "low" being dragged on, or say it nonchalantly and leave it at that.

"I like the second one, the loooooow fits way better." I heard a voice from behind me. I looked over to see Rihanna walking in. "Is this the song?" "Yeah it is. I have the chorus done I just need a few more lines to get done, but maybe you have some ideas?" I got up from my chair and let her hand me her purse so I can put it down for her. Like a gentleman.

"Sorry for calling so fast I just figured it's better to do it now then to hold it off and start slacking on it." I laugh.

"No, no I had nothing else planned today it's fine. And at least you did this time."

She mumbled the last part. "You alright? You look a little upset." I question.

"Yeah I'm good." She said not looking at me.

I pulled another chair out for her to sit next to me, in front of all the equipment.

After she made herself comfortable, I showed her the lyrics I have completed.

"So what flow are you going for in your head?"

"I want all the words to be almost echoed or dragged out, to come across like we are demanding people to listen to it you know what I'm saying? Something powerful but not take too much room from the beats."

She smiled and nodded her head in agreement. "Yeah yeah I hear ya. So like in this line we can drag it out then make an echo for the next line then the following drag it out against. So it would be a pattern and not the same exact sound the whole time." She said pointing to the sheet of paper.

"Mhm and once the beats are done then we'd know where to take the rest of it from there."

A few minutes went by and she started mumbling the lyrics. "Oh okay I think I know where you wanted this to go. Like a waterfall, my tears dropped to the floor... the floor..." She sang while adding the extra two words.

I laughed in amazement. "What? You don't like it?" "No, not that. I wasn't actually thinking about going in that direction." I said still laughing but it was like a surprised laughter. "So what you laughing at me for?" "Not at you, you just flipped the entire sound but I really like it. I'm a bit shocked."

She popped her nonexistent collar "I know. I make everything sound good." I laughed sarcastically and obnoxiously loud earning another eye roll from her.

Almost an hour and a half later she started messing around with the beats while I'm working on the rest of the lyrics. "Oh shit! I think I got this shit!" She said excitedly another 30 minutes later. I laughed watching her. "Alright alright play it, play it." I suggested. "It the first verse of the song though that's all I got." "That was fast actually but go head."

She pressed play and it gave out a really dramatized feel to it. But it was missing something. "The beat should rise a little bit look" I put my hand on hers because it was already on the right section and I moved the bar up a little bit.

She looked at me from the side of my face for a bit and I stared at the lyrics then messing with the mouse on the computer to change the beat.

I pressed play and I looked her in her eyes. She gave me a big smile. "Yes! I love it" "it just needed a tiny bit more but it was all you Rihanna" I said giving her credit and held my hand up to give her a high five and she did.

"Play it again and this time we'll sing with it, you sing just the line and I'll throw in the drag ons and echoes so we can see where we need to add them or leave them out, okay?"

"Alright good thinking. Here." I moved the mouse towards her hand so she can press it this time.

"Oh how I am so honored." She giggled. And smiled at her. Fuck. She's so damn beautiful. This whole session I was just trying not to stare at her for too long. It's funny as shit how much I'm trying not to slip up.

I found her blushing a few times like when I put my hand over hers for 1.3 seconds or when I looked in her eyes for half a second. She's just so cute. Everything she does.

I dimmed the lights a little bit then put a smaller light on so its not too hard on our eyes. Plus I don't want her to see me singing, do you know how crooked my mouth looks?

I started off the lines subtly and she added in her parts so beautifully.

She closed her eyes and leaned back in the chair with her arm on the armrest with her fingers up as she played with her vocals.

I bobbed my head to the beat. I closed my eyes as well until the 45 seconds ended. We opened our eyes at the same time and just looked into each other's eyes.

"That sounded.....real good" she said in a very relaxed tone, smiling. "It did. It did." I agreed. I closed my eyes again. I heard her breathe out and felt her scoot the swirly chair closer to me and her knees were now touching mine.

Oh shit what she doin?

I opened my eyes "my bad I was trying to get closer to the computer" she said again moving her chair closer to the computer. I sat up on the chair and moved close to her again, making our knees touch, I looked at the computer with her and she didn't move.

I looked at her quickly then back at the screen and she messed around with some of the beats.

"Oh it's already 6" I said reading the time in the corner of the screen.

"You hungry yet?" I questioned.

"Do you have somewhere to be or do you want to keep working on the song today? And yeah a little bit."

"Whatever you want, we can work on it in a few days or we can just get it close to finished tonight. Your choice. Your choice of dinner too what do you want to eat?"

I asked while pulling my phone out to order something.

karruche 🍑:
me daddy lol

"Thank you God! Uhm I'd like pizza with mushrooms and pi-" "alright baby you ordering then" I laughed at her long ass order.

She blushed again because I called her baby. She gonna be my baby so she better use to it. Let me stop playing, I thought to myself.

me:
ur dad in town? coo